Go to hell #24

Insanity, we all have that bit of foolishness inside of us, bringing it out once in while. 

You can bring it out during party's you attend, while you're in bed.. if you know what I mean. You can also be insane for other things such as wanting to talk to the guy who is suppose to be your father and not kill two people who mean the world to you. The type of insanity I have right now.. is wanting to talk to my father, figure out the truth, have closure, have him out of my life.

It has been a week since I got out of the hospital. I feel fine really. Just head aches then and there, throwing up once in a while, sleeping too much. I eat three meals a day, I've been going to the gym for the past three days to release any stress I've been feeling- doctors orders. 

I don't mind going to the gym really, what bothers me the most is that I'm not usually an active person and well, when I'm there, I feel like people are looking at me funny. I shrug it off most of the time and continue what I'm doing, letting out the stress that has built up inside of me for the past what, three almost four years?

What my dad did was unexceptional, sickening, horrible, unforgivable. I never knew my dad would have the intentions of killing someone, let alone our own damn family. 

"Amanda, are you almost ready to go?" Patrick says, gaining my attention. 

"Yeah, hold on" I look down at my outfit. I'm wearing a pair of red skinny jeans with a black sweatshirt that fits just right. My hair is down and straight with a black beanie on top. I put on my black low top vans, and apply a bit of mascara to finish the look. 

Why are you trying to impress the person who killed Tamantha and your mother? Who is known as your father? You are the sick person, not him.

I squeeze my eyes shut and take a deep breath. 

"Ready babe?" He holds my hand and kisses it. 

"Ready" I give him a small smile and lock the door behind me.

************

"Welcome to Wentworth Correctional Center, do you have an appointment?" 

"Actually yes, I am Officer Nathaniel here with Amanda Rae, Patrick Carter and Myah Skye, We are here to visit Myron Rae in an exclusive area put together by the chief." He says to the woman at the front desk. She smooths her black pencil skirt down and fixes her red blouse and smiles. 

"Okay, just follow me please." She says with a big smile. We follow behind her as she punches a code into the keyboard, opening the doors to the exclusive area. 

"Only two people can go in. I'd advise that you pick wisely" 

"baby, bring the officer with you, it'll be more safe. I'll be out here waiting for you love, I promise" Patrick says and kisses me on the lips. "I love you" and he goes in for a hug. 

"I love you too baby" I tell him, and give him a small smile. 

"Ready Amanda?" 

"I'm ready" I take in a deep breath and go through the doors. I see my dad sitting in a black metal chair, hand cuffed. He's wearing a dark blue jump suit with his inmate number on it. 

#583

His hair is slicked back and looks like too much gel was put in his hair. Bags are under his eyes as a stubble is starting to form around his jaw. 

I go and take a seat in front of him as Nathaniel takes a seat next to me. 

"You got this" He whispers in my ear, giving me a boost of courage.