Glass #18

A/N: WARNING: Trigger warning below. A part of this chapter will be in the author's point of view. Enjoy :)

"So" The police officer twiddled his thumbs in a circular motion and took a deep breath and started to speak again. "Let me get this straight, you two were out walking, came across your old, decaying fort and saw a letter with your name on it, threatening to kill you and other people?" He raised an eyebrow, his face turning red with speckles of sweat starting to form on his forehead.

"Yes, That's correct" I pushed out an answer and snuggled closer to Patrick.

"Okay, very well." The police man rubbed his forehead with his fingers, slowly going to his temples, then wipes the sweat off with the back of his hand.

"I'm going to need to ask Amanda a few questions.." He shifts his eyes towards Patrick "Privately" The atmosphere is tense, the air is humid and the stress surrounding all of us is thick.

"Alright. I'll be outside if you need anything" Patrick says, low and stern. He kisses my hair and leaves.

A couple of seconds of pure silence.

You'll be okay Amanda.

"In the letter, It mentions your sister and your mother....was killed." I cringe.

"Yes..Yes it does" I look down at my lap and rub my hands on the material.

"Your sister was murdered. Do you know who killed-" I whimper "her?" His glare is hard, burning holes in my head, desperate for the answer.

"Her..her um.. Boyfriend at the time. Ki..killed her.." I stutter and a huge lump forms in my throat.

"And that was?" He questions as the tension feels thicker, eluding my brain.. Making me shake slightly.

"Nick. Nick Roy" I force out a little too loudly, causing him to jump back a little in his seat.

More silence.

It's killing me.

"This case is becoming familiar now. This is the NT murder case, right?"

His stare, it hurts. It feels like his eyes are shooting knifes in my head.

"Yes sir, that's correct"

"The case was dropped 2 years ago because he is nowhere to be found. He...vanished. They stopped looking. I don't know why they would drop a case so easily. I mean, my sister... you couldn't even... notice her anymore. That's how much she got..." My voice broke, and my heart shattered.

Glass, you're like glass.

"Your mother, she was murdered as well, yes?"

"About a month or two ago. It was framed as a suicide." I said in a whisper.

"I was there. I saw the rope around her neck- I didn't see anything else. Until the police found a needle stashed under the bed and a needle mark on her arm." I looked into his eyes and saw more sweat forming on his forehead.

Gross

"Was that case dropped as well?"

"No, it's not. Still under investigation." A breath of relief escaped my lips.

"So, Amanda, The NT murder case will go back on the board. It will go under investigation again" He smiled sympathetically at me, causing the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up. My heart pounding, my breathing hasty, my skin paled.

"Wh..what?"

"You heard me" He smiles again.

"Oh..oh my god. Thank you so much" Tears brim my eyes and a smile forms on my lips.