14. Departure

Hinata's POV

Where is he? Where is he?

I looked at my watch and then out the window. I've felt so lonely since Naruto hasn't been here, even though he's been cold to me, but I miss him.

Two days away from Naruto was something that I don't like. I've gotten accustomed to the warmth of him in my bed.

Should I call him? No no no. He needed a few days away.

I kneeled on my bed and looked out the window waiting for his arrival. He said he would come around noon the day before the trip... But he called earlier and said it wouldn't be until the evening.

Evening... Like 7,8,9.... WHAT?!

I glanced at my watch, 7:54 pm. I kept an eye out on the dark, snow covered street. The snow was starting to fall more heavy and the fog gathered on the window.

"Hinata? What are you doing?" Tenten entered my room.

"Waiting for Naruto."

"Maybe he's snowed in... Or something."

I turned to face her.

"Or he doesn't wanna come back." I frowned.

"That may be true, but mostly likely not. He says he loves you."

"And you don't believe him."

"It doesn't matter what I think... Apparently."

"Apparently? What's that supposed to mean?" I looked at her intently.

"Nani mo. You wanna watch a movie?"

"Later... I wanna wait for Naruto." I turned to the window again.

"Hinata.... You should stop worrying so much over a guy."

"A guy? Huh..." I turned and starred into her eyes. "What if your guy was being distant from you?"

"What d'ya mean?"

"Like if he wouldn't hug you? Or barely talks to you anymore?" I held back my yelling.

"I-I guess I would feel--"

"Or maybe won't kiss you? Or won't even touch you without saying 'sorry'?!" I yelled the last bit.

"Ok geez Hinata. Calm down." She looked scared by my stance.

I was so mad I didn't realize that I was now standing on my bed, making me seem huge.

"G-Gomen... I just need things to get better between us." I sat back down then returned to the window.

"I'll be going then..." She walked out of the room.

~~~~

Don't go to sleep... Naruto needs you.

I snapped my eyes open and looked at my watch, 10:32 pm.

Maybe he really didn't want to come back... Or he's just stuck somewhere.

I looked back at the window, only being able to see a few meters away from the house.

I suddenly felt pressure on the bed behind me and heard the springs coil. Before I had time to turn, muscular arms wrapped around my waist.

"Miss me?" A husky voice whispered in my ear.

"Naruto!" I turned in his arms to hug him. "Yes I did." I inhaled his intoxicating scent.

"I...I missed you too." He suddenly sounded depressed.