Chapter 22- Closer

Chapter 22- Closer

UNBELIEVABLE. 5k+ reads and 700+ votes. I LOVE U GUYS SO SO MUCH.

-

They were both strolling down the streets, Taylor in her new dress and Zayn in his new jacket.

"Thanks for these." Taylor said, holding up all the paper bags in her hand.

"No problem. Why don't we put them in the car first and go get dinner?" Zayn commented and Taylor nodded.

----------------------------------------------------------

"So this is what you meant by the most delicious food ever?" Taylor asked as Zayn walked towards her with a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken.

"Yep." Zayn smiled, popping the 'p'.

They were sitting on a random bench on the sidewalk, with the bucket of chicken, just casually fighting for which piece of chicken they wanted.

Zayn watched as Taylor bite on the chicken, licking her fingers.

He chuckled and Taylor raised an eyebrow looking at him.

"WHAT?" Taylor asked, with chicken stuffed in her mouth.

"It's just... the way you eat." Zayn laughed.

"I know I eat a lot, okay?" Taylor rolled her eyes and continued savoring the chicken.

"How come you never get fat?" Zayn asked.

"I don't know... I have fast metabolism probably." She shrugged.

"Well that explains it all." Zayn said, taking a bite on his own piece of chicken.

Taylor finished off the last piece of chicken in the bucket and licked the taste off her fingers, smiling in satisfaction.

"It's truly finger lickin' good, eh?" Zayn commented.

"Yeah." Taylor smiled, looking at him.

Zayn laughed at the dirtiness of her mouth and Taylor hit his arms playfully.

"What?!" Taylor shouted.

"Chicken," He laughed, "lips." He laughed again, resting his thumb at the edge of her lips.

He wiped her lips with his thumb and suddenly his laughing stopped.

He could feel something strange happening, it was the feeling he hadn't have for a long period of time.

It was passion.

He hesitated but started leaning in closer to her. Taylor didn't know what Zayn wanted to do, Zayn didn't know what he wanted to do either, he just decided to went with his feelings.

He leaned in closer, closer and closer.

He swallowed as he stared deeply into Taylor's eyes.

Taylor too, stared deeply into his.

Taylor, control yourself. Don't feel. She repeated in her mind again and again.

Suddenly, something broke the moment. Taylor's phone rang.

She used this moment to back away from Zayn, stood up from the bench and looked at her phone which was held by her shaking hands.

It was Harry.

Taylor pressed the green button and rested the phone against her ear.

"Hello?" Taylor started, trying to calm herself down from the situation.