Chapter 19- Confessions

Zayn?

Taylor ran towards the door with a smile on her face and flung the door open which fortunately revealed the face she wanted to see since morning.

Zayn.

He was standing there with his hands in the pocket of his jeans and looking at her.

"Hey." He said.

Without second thought or any hesitation at all, Taylor crashed right into his arms, hugging him tight, whispering, "I'm so sorry, Zayn."

Zayn didn't know how to react. He knew if he hugged her back, he'd lose control again, the lock on his heart would open again, so he just gently pushed her away, not meaning any harm.

"You didn't do anything wrong, Taylor."

"But I did, I-"

"I have something to tell you before you say anything to me." Zayn cut her off, looking at her seriously.

His eyes were a dark shade and she could feel the atmosphere getting a little darker.

She tried to keep her cheerful self and smiled, "O-okay."

"Not here."

Zayn turned around and started walking towards his car and Taylor followed like a helpless puppy.

Why is he being so mysterious? She thought, getting in to the car.

He drove, pass buildings and houses and finally he stopped in front of a park.

They both got out of the car at the same time and Zayn looked at her saying, "Walk with me."

Taylor nodded.

The first few steps, they were silent but Zayn started speaking.

"Taylor, I'm sorry that I got angry."

"No, it's not your fault-"

"It is. I like you, Taylor. More than I'm supposed to."

Taylor froze.

Is he... Confessing?

Oh my god. He is.

Her heart started racing, she had a strange feeling of happiness coming from her heart and then she knew, she liked him too.

"Zayn, I-"

Before she could say those words, those words that described yes, he stopped her.

"But I know I like you because I saw Lauren in you."

BAM.

He saw Lauren in me?

Am I just... A replacement?

She could feel something in her throat, but she resisted it. She can't cry, not now. Her pride was too precious for her to let go.

Just stay calm for a little more, Taylor. And then you're leaving.

"I missed Lauren too much and the feeling of me finally being able to have her was lost since the accident. And then I met you. You were so much like her and I missed her. And I guess that's why I like you. I'm sorry, Taylor."

Taylor let out a fake smile.

"No, it's fine. I'm fine. I know what you mean... I mean, I never felt something more with you anyways, thought it was gonna be hard to reject you but since now we got everything straight, I'm glad we're good now." Taylor lied.