Sooner or Later

Liv's Point of View
Once we arrived at the school, I took a deep breath in then opened the car door and walked towards the school. I grabbed the door to the school and then I felt a cold hand touch my shoulder.

"Hey, good luck today." Maddie smiled at me, we then both entered the school together. "Don't let him get to you." She said jogging backwards towards her locker.

"Thanks Maddie." I said as I walked towards my locker.

"Hey Liv!" Willow said walking up to me. "Band meet up tonight after school okay?"

"Okay..." I said tucking my hair behind my ear. How am I supost to get over him when everywhere I turn there he is? "I might not be able to make it.. I have a thingy... But I will try."

Maddie ran up to me and swung her arm around my neck. "It's fine Liv, I'll take care of your thing."

"No Maddie," I faced Maddie and gave her a dirty look. "I can handle it, I wouldn't want to interrupt your night." I giggled then faced Willow.

"It's the least I can do. I mean you were the one who brought Diggie and I together in the first place. Though we're apart now... But that's not the point."

"Sweet, Thanks Maddie." Willow high fived Maddie. "See you tonight Liv."

"Thanks Maddie." I said faking a smile as Willow skipped off. "How could you do this to me?"

"You need to face your fears Liv, your going to have to see him sooner or later." Maddie took her arm off me and turned around to face me.

"I just wish it was later or not at all." I muttered to myself. I shut my locker then walked off.

<><><><>

During English, the teacher asked us to write a poem about someone we care deeply about. I, of course, wrote about Holden.

"Are all the poems done?" The teacher Mrs.Hope asked the class.

Everyone in the class nodded in agreement.

"Okay awesome!" She smiled. "I'd like to see what you all wrote, so who would like to read there's first?"

Wait what? I can't read mine to the class! Holden is in my English class. I don't want him to know I still like him. I'm having a mini panic attack. I can't breath.

"No one?" The teacher questioned. Holden raised his hand. "Alright great, thanks Holden."

Holden walked towards the front of the class, clear his throat and read his poem. "Destiny in a kiss, sometimes you get missed. In the end of the story, we will wear the crown of glory."

Does he not understand that I want it to happen but it just can't...

"Wow fantastically written Holden." She clapped quietly. "Who's next? Andy?"

"Why not?" She walked to the front of the class. "Life's a fight were all willing to take, but sadly it's not a piece of cake. You are never ready for the next big battle, but you have to toughen up and feed the cattle."

"Very inspiring! You guys are all such great writers." Mrs.Hope beamed.

About 15 other people went and then the bell was about to ring so Mrs.Hope told me I can read next week. Which isn't a bad thing because that means I have a week to emotionally prepare.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Quick authors note: I wrote all poems that I used in this book. If you have seen them before let me know or if you see someone steal mine 😘