The Truth Comes Out

"You were a problem child,been grounded your whole life so now you're running wild." The Starship Cobras sing from the speakers. 

"Make it stop!" Dean yells, his hands over his ears. He begins to lightly tap his head on the window.

"No!" I scream. "Driver picks the music..."

"And everyone else shuts their cake holes!" Chloe finishes in delight.

"I wish I had some cake for my hole." Dean mutters.

"You should have eaten breakfast. Cassie is a great cook." I look down and blush a little.

"Anyone can cook." I say. "And half the stuff I makes turns out terrible because I refuse to follow recipes." I add thinking about some of my disasters.

"Stumble in the room but you're still look hella fine" The radio continues.

"Does the term cruel and unusual punishment have any meaning to you?" Dean asks, his voice pleading.

"Considering that I just got attacked by one of my best friends, who was possessed by a demon and who is already dead, yes i think it does." I reply bitterly, the shock of the attack having worn off slightly, replaced by the cruel cold anger that was always growing in the pit of my stomach.

I do not look back at him, put I hear Chloe punch him and hiss something in his ear. I look down at my speed. 80 miles an hour down a neighborhood street. I slowed down, considering all of the paperwork I would have to fill out if I hit a kid. Going slow would actually save us time in that case.

As soon as the song is over I turn the radio down. "Are you really a bad cook?" Chloe asks. "I did not know that." I laugh. I know she is trying to distract me, and for the moment I let her.

"Remember that time when I made a birthday cake for Noel, and I tried to put a barbie on it?" I ask. She laughs as she remembers how the story ends. "I could not get her stupid legs to work right and I ended up massacring the cake." I told the boys. Chloe is pink from laughing. "So I cut it up, dumped it into a bowl and invented cake in a bowl." The boys join Chloe in laughing. "It was not funny." I say but I am laughing too. "I ruined her birthday."

"So where are we heading?" Sam asks looking around at the signs as I enter onto the freeway.

"Vegas." I say without taking my eyes off the highway. "We are going to Viva Las Vegas." I smile.

"Isn't Hollywood closer?" Chloe asks, looking as we blow past the exit that would take us there.

"In the short run run maybe. But then we would still have to go and find Mammon. There is a place in Vegas where I know he will be." I reply to her worried voice. "Just calm down Chloe. I will get us there as fast as I can." I try to calm her down and reassure her.

"How do you know this?" Sam asks in shock."I'm impressed." I smile and roll my eyes.

"I have unnamed sources in unnamed places that tell me things." I say in as vague a way as I can without giving anything away and endanger my own personal mission. "And by the way, the whole good girl thing is just a cover, so do not be too surprised I know my way around." I say. "There are lots of things that I know." I say drumming my fingers on the steering wheel.

The car is silent for a few minutes, until Dean reaches forward and puts his hand on my shoulder. "That is pretty wicked cool." He says. I look at his hand and then into the rearview mirror. "I am pretty street smart myself." He adds winking in my rearview mirror.

"On what street, Sesame?" Sam asks. I laugh because I had been trying to come up with something to say and that was perfect.

I try keep my eyes on the road, but my mind is in the past. Back to this morning. I stabbed Dean in that hand. I am sure of it. I replay those few seconds over and over in my brain. If I had stabbed that hand, then why were there no marks? I look down at my own hands, thinking.