Chapter One

"Hey M which looks better green day or black veil brides" Hazel asked me holding the two shirts up. "Black veil brides" I said and she nodded and went to pay for it.

Hazel and I are in hot topic right now. "Haze... 5SOS or supernatural" I asked holding up two hoodies. "Um..." She trailed off. "Just get them both" she laughed and I bought both of them. "Eww why are you looking at me" I asked Carter.

Carter is Hazel's older brother. "Because you look funny" he smirked at me. I flipped him off. "I'm wounded" he said and put his hand on his chest. "Hey baby girl" Logan said and kissed Hazel. "Eww take your couple stuff else where" I groaned covering my eyes.

I heard everyone laugh at me. "To the food court" I asked uncovering my eyes "To the food court" Nicholas said marching in the wrong direction. "Hey airhead food courts this way" Levi said and we laughed as Nicholas looked confused.

"To the food court" Nicholas said marching in the right direction. And we followed him. "He's adorable" I mumbled hoping nobody heard. "Awe Mia likes Nick" Hazel said loudly. "Shut the hell up" I said quietly. "Teriyaki chicken" I said and ran to the Chinese food place to buy me some.

I bought me food and met my group back at the same table we always sit at. "Ooo can I have some" Carter asked trying to steal some of my food. I bit his hand. "Ow" he whined and I laughed "My food" I shrugged and started eating.

"We have to finish our science project" I said looking at Levi. "Maybe tomorrow" he said and I nodded. My phone vibrated on the table and I looked at the text from my mom.

-Get your ass home now!!! Or you're grounded for a month

"Guys I gotta get home I'll see you tomorrow at school" I said cleaning up my lunch then ran outside to my beat up old car with my bags.

"One day I'll get myself a hummer" I said to myself and started driving home.

I turned my car off and grabbed my bags. I got out and dropped one of my hot topic bags. "Dammit" I mumbled. "Look the emo nerd dropped her bag" Jake said to his football team. While everyone was laughing he just stared at me.

I flipped him off and walked inside. "Mom dad I'm home" I yelled running to put my bags on my bed. "Honey what are you wearing you look... Like a devil worshiper" my mom said looking at my outfit.

I was wearing a black suicide silence shirt, black ripped skinny jeans, black combat boots. "What did you do to your face" she asked. "Mom my eyebrow and lip have been pierced for about a month now" I groaned.

"Your hair" she said rubbing my hair. "Mom I'm not a dog and I died it purple yesterday" I said and she groaned and rolled her eyes. "If your brother were still here he would be disappointed" she said turning to walk out of my room.

"If Tay was still here he would not be disappointed in me, he would be proud of me for finding myself. He would be proud of me for not trying to be with him. He would be proud that I didn't push everyone away after he died. He would be proud that I'm still trying to be strong. He would be proud of me mom. Just because he was an amazing quarterback doesn't mean I have to be like him" I said kinda loud.

"Don't use that tone with me young lady" she glared. "I'm just saying mom" I shrugged and turned around to face my bed. "Your grounded for a week" she said and shut my door.

I rolled my eyes and went to my dresser I picked up a picture of me and my brother. "I miss you so much Tay" I said quietly and I started crying.

"If only you hadn't gone to that party" I mumbled and hugged the picture.

Tay was my number one best friend and my twin before he died in a car accident. He went to a party and was driving his drunk friends home. He was sober but his friend that was in the passenger seat of Tay's car decided go grab the steering wheel and turn it to the right making them hit a semi.

Tay was the first to hit the semi. Jake was one of the people in the car. Jake was the only survivor so I blame him the most.

I put the picture back and turned to my bed. "Now I have to put all of this away" I mumbled and started putting all of it away. There was a knock on my door. "Come in" I said and it was my step dad.

My father left my mom before Tay and I were born.

"What did you do to your mother" he asked sounding irritated. "Nothing" I shrug. "You're a fucking liar you're always being a bitch to me and your mother" he yelled raising his hand at me.

"I'm being the bitch look in the mirror asshole" I yelled back. He slapped me and I felt the sting of his hand. "You will not talk to me like that I'm your dad" he said lowly.

"You call yourself a dad... You will never be my dad" I said. I felt a sharp pain on the other side of my face. Then he left. I grabbed my phone and called Hazel.

*phone call*

"Hello"

"Hazel he hit me"

"I'm on my way"

*End of call*

I put my phone in my back pocket and started packing. I grabbed the picture of me and Tay and climbed out my window. I met Hazel out front.