8.Robot/Automaton (Complete)

EDIT: Oh my God I didn't realize this was unfinished when I posted it, everything was complete and edited. I apologize for the half story. 

     Soft wailing came from his study, and her hushed footsteps made their way up the mahogany staircase to comfort him.
     Three, echoing knocks sounded at the locked door.
     "Sir Calvin? May I come in?" Her mechanical voice made him grip his throbbing head even tighter.
     "F-fine... I don't care anymore." Voice slurred with alcohol abuse, he stumbled to the door, and opened it for her. She waited in silence until the the door slammed open for her to enter.
     Automatically, she surveyed the room. The study was a mess; scribbled on crumpled papers scattered the floor, the beautiful painting hanging above his desk now lay on the other side of the small room, even the heavy wooden bookcase was on it's side.
     "Sir Calvin? Do you require my assistance in cleaning up your quarters?" Her unfeeling, monotone voice sounded to him like nails on a chalkboard.
     "Ellie, it's fine. Just... Just go put on a pot of tea." She refused silently, going around first to tidy up his filthy study.
     Ellie gathered the papers robotically, no sense of direction but to fill Sir Calvin's orders. She hoisted the painting to a nearby low-rise table, finally picking up the bookcase to set it straight. The books were placed in the same position as they were before.
     He hated it. He hated how it moved, so lifeless and terrifying. 
     So unlike her. 
     Elizabeth moved with the grace of a dancer, her energy radiated off of her like a bright aura of nothing but delight and love.
     This contraption was not anything more than a mere distraction to occupy him from her death, to fill the void.
     He glared at it with eyes full of hatred as she carried their painting, he didn't want this vile thing to touch his painting, the only thing he had to remember her divine face by besides the lone picture he kept upon his nightstand.
     "Sir Calvin, I have finished cleaning your study, and will start the tea right away." Ellie turned before halting quickly, the cogs in her exposed abdomen physically stopping and the massive toy key powering her body slowly ceasing to a complete stop. He went up to her, pulling the pivot forcefully after grasping the handle tightly.
     In the next few moments, she came to life once again sluggishly and proceeded downstairs without a word to complete Sir Calvin's request. Out of ear distance, he ambled to his room to sleep after three, restless nights. He toppled onto his bed to fall asleep the next minute.
     Right before his eyes closed permanently for a peaceful slumber, Elizabeth's alluring figure sat on the edge of their bed, sobbing bitterly.

     A/N: I hope you enjoyed this version, it's almost identical to the original but with minor changes.