7.Holstaurus

The rose-smelling shampoo did little to improve his sour aura. "This is degrading, Samantha. Can we stop now?"
     Her gasp was evident with caused offense. "I find that insulting, Belley! I work real hard tryin' to keep you clean, and not to mention this stuff ain't cheap either."
     He rolled his eyes, which in return earned him a smack to the back of his head.
     "I saw that, not that clever either."
     "The only reason you're doing this is 'cause I'll look like one of those fluffy cows."
     "You mean 'Highland Cattle?'"
     He shrugged in response. "I guess."
     Samantha finished scrubbing the dirt and grim from his hair and ordered him to lean back. "Don't you want to be clean nonetheless?"
     His argument was shot back extremely fast. "I'll get dirty tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that. What's the point if you're gonna get filthy anyways?"
     "Good hygiene, that's what."
     She picked his head back up to pour a small cup of fresh water onto his hair to diminish any remaining suds.
     "Ah, shoot! I forgot your outfit." Her sentence was accompanied with a frown. "Stay there, Belley, I'll be right back and in the mean time wash up."
     "I can dress myself, ya know and it's not Belley, it's Bellum. So stop calling me that!" His whining plea fell upon deaf ears as she left the bathroom.
     Samantha reappeared fifteen minutes later, albeit a little disgruntled. "Damn Moose, always hiding stuff from me..." Was her muttered reply when she set the stacked pile on the toilet seat cover.
     Samantha sighed. "You cleaned up, right?"
     "Yep."
     "Good. Now all we gotta do is condition your hair, and we're all set." Replacing the conditioner with the shampoo from under the sink, and pouring a large coloured dollop onto her hand, she began scrubbing his head once again.
     "How do you not like gettin' bathes? That was my favorite thing as a kid."
     "Well when you're not the one actually bathing yourself, it's a little unpleasant."
     "Well if I were to leave you alone, you'd jump out the window to go shower in the mud with the pigs."
     "Samantha, that was one time!"
     "One time too many."
     A grunt was Bellum's answer. But his response went unnoticed as she finished washing his hair.
     "Great, Belley! Get out and dry yourself off and I'll set the dryer up." He complied with obedience and once getting dressed, He sat on the toilet.
     Bellum's hair hung down wetly, dripping often and flinching when he heard the loud whirling sound of the dryer in Samantha's hand.
     Not so gently, she would yank and ruffle his hair now and then to make sure it was completely dry.
     "Could you be any harder?!"
     "I mean, I could pull your hair out fully, but you should be thankful I'm being careful."
     "Oh thank you Samantha! How kind of you to care for m- Argh! Cut it out, you jerk!"
     His sarcastic tone gave Bellum a forceful yank of hair.
     "Whoops," Samantha spoke with a feigned remorseful expression. "My bad. It was an accident, anyways you're done."
     "Yes!" His excited tone echoed in the small bathroom as he left, hooves clicking against bathroom tiles.
     Before he was about to leave the farmhouse, Samantha shouted to him one last time.      "Belley! Try to keep clean, me, you, and Jessie are going for ice cream later!"
     His reply was equal in loudness. "No promises!"

     A/N: I've read a tad bit of the Monster Girl wiki, and I know there cannot be male Holstaurus, but I feel like I've written too many stories involving female protagonists, so I've written this one with a male Holstaurus. I hope you enjoyed! :D