9.Fish People (Any variant)

He sat on the pink-sanded shore bleeding profusely.
     Shaking hands pressed against the open wound and he hissed in pain. Wide eyes frantically searched the available horizon for any signs of help; whether it be human or one of his kind it didn't matter at this point.
     He leaned his head uncomfortablely against slimey rocks, the small area circled by vast rocks of all sizes, still wet with consistent waves.
     "Damn...Natty, I'll kill her. I swear to God I'll-" Interrupting his sentence was his own screech of pain and discomfort. With hesitatance he glanced down to only see persistent blood leak through pale blue fingers.
     His breathing became ragged and anxious, he spoke to himself to remain calm. "It...It's alright... You'll be okay a-and you'll go home to mama and Clementine soon." Tears poked at the ends of his eyes as he weakly picked his head up only to drop limply to the sand seconds later.
One hand reached up to rub at streaking tears to only replace them with smeared blood instead.
     Ears hearing the faintest of conversation, he screamed for attention. "Help! Help me please! I'm-I'm hurt and I need medical attention!"
     Adrenaline kicked in and he dragged his numbing body to the fading voices. "Please! Please! I-I...I need it..." The voices disappeared faster then he would have liked, and collapsed from exhaustion and lost faith. His voice descended until he slammed his fist.
     "Goddamn it all!" His head met the ground forcefully, adding a headache to his list of injuries. Tears came full force as they cascaded down freely, he was going to die.
     He closed his eyes ruthfully, slowly succumbing to eternal darkness.
     "Oh my God!" Feet slapping against hard sand brought him back to reality. "Are you still alive?! Hello?" Delicate, worried hands grasped his shoulders and shook with all their might.
     "Yes...Please stop shaking me..." His reply was weak and half-lidded eyes looked at his saviour dully. Still quite blurry he could only make out the silhouette of a tan woman.
     "Okay, great." A big breath. She stripped herself of her thin tank top only to shred it into thin strips. "Can you tell me what happened?"
     "Me and Natty...were fighting, and I got caught in a net and she wouldn't...help me out and left. So I tried slipping free...and sliced my stomach badly. I think there's a few cuts on my tail and fins too."
     She listened intently as she patched him up. Once complete, she picked him up gingerly. "I need you to keep talking to me, speak to me, tell me anything."
     "Like what?" She held him close as she began sprinting.
     "Uh, basic information, like what's your name?"
     "Emilio. What's yours?"
     "Danny. We're going to my friend's place, she's a veterinarian and will patch you right up."
     Emilio nodded weakly. "Will I be able to go back home after this?"
     "Of course."
     The fifteen minute walk was filled with one sentence answers and basic conversation. When arriving, Danny practically kicked the door in.
     "Salmon! Salmon! Get down here now, we have an emergency!"
     "What?! I'm busy! It better not be another sea animal!"
     Silence.
     "Danny?"
     Nothing.
     Irritated footsteps stomped downstairs. "What did I say about bringing home more animals? For God's sake I'm not Dr.Dolittle!" She walked in to see Emilio in great pain, head nauseous and face scrunched in agony.
     "Holy shit, what happened?" Salmon walked closer to observe the various cuts and marks along his sleek body.
     "Caught in a net."
     "Yikes. Set the table up and clean the wound." Danny nodded and both women quickly got to work with Danny setting up her kitchen table for possible surgery and Salmon getting her surgical kit.
     Danny cut the blood drenched strips from his body to find that his blood loss slowed down considerably. She drew antibiotics and a towel from underneath the sink, splashed the antibiotics onto the towel, and pressed firmly to the gash.
     His tail flapped uselessly as he yelped. "Ow! Be more careful. Please." Danny offered him a sympathetic smile.
     "Sorry."
     Salmon came in with crooked scrubs and a messy surgical kit. She set the kit on her counter and examined his lacerations further.
     "Hmm, how long have you been out of water?"
     "About an hour. Why?"
     Salmon ignored his question. "We don't have time to put you under anestitics, so you might feel some slight pain when I sew you up."
     Getting right to it, she took out her sewing needle and suture. "Danny, hold him down."
     "On it." She stepped around to where Emilio's head was positioned, and held his wrists down in a vice like grip.
     Salmon began threading his gash shut, which tortured Emilio and provoked him to wiggle.
     She grunted and stopped. "If you keep moving, I'll mess up and you can bleed out for all I care." He finished and tried his absolute hardest to keep still, which did provide a challenge.
Salmon finished in no time at all, and did fix up a few of the larger scratches on his abdomen.
     "You're free to leave, shark. Be more careful next time I don't want to be stiching up another laceration of yours."
     Emilio thanked her and Danny carried him off to the ocean after wishing Salmon a goodbye.
     They soon arrived just before the sun set as she placed him softly on the shore. Emilio smiled to her as he submerged himself in water.
     "Thank you so much, Danny. I owe you everything."
     Before he was able to swim back to his mother, she stopped him. "Can you actually do a small favour for me?"
     "Anything."
     "Can you get me a necklace like the one you're wearing?"
He looked down and pulled it off his neck. "You want this one? I made it myself." Without waiting for her answer, he threw it to her which she fumbled to catch.
     "Bye, Danny! Catch you later!" He waved before he descended into the depths of the cool water, joyful to live another day.

     A/N: I apologize for not updating yesterday, for I didn't really get into it. This one is extremely gross because I lost motivation halfway through and I didn't have a set path for where this was going. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed! :D