3

"Goodbye Grace." I smiled at her we walked out of the door. "Bye lovebirds! Harry, if you hurt my Addy I'll have to kill you!" She called to us. I shook my head at her as Harry and I stepped into the elevator.

"I'm sorry, about her. She's a bit crazy." I told Harry. "Don't worry about it. She's just looking out for her best friend." Harry replied with a smile as he took my hand in his. "She didn't tell you where we're going did she?" I shook my head. "She said it was a surprise. By the way, I don't enjoy surprises." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I promise that you'll enjoy this one. But before the surprise we're going to eat dinner."

"Alright, where are we going?" By now we had reached the street outside and Harry hailed a cab before he told me we were going to a restaurant called Print. I had been there a few times, it's right near Broadway so it's a good place to eat and then go to see a show.

Our journey did not take long, we soon arrived at Print and Harry paid the cab driver before leading me inside. Harry had called ahead to make us a reservation so we were seated quickly. Once we ordered Harry looked at me.

"So I realized that on our first date we were sort of... preoccupied, and I didn't get to know much about you."

"What would you like to know?" I asked. "Let's start with your family, tell me about them?" Harry asked kindly.

I looked down at my lap. This wasn't exactly something I wanted to tell him at the moment. "I never met my biological father, and as for my mother...um, she left when I was four. I was adopted shortly after."

"Adelaide, I'm so sorry. I didn't know, I wouldn't have made you tell me if had known." You could see the guilt in Harry's emerald eyes. I shook my head. "Don't apologize. It's okay. I don't like talking about the first few years of my life." I told him quietly. "I can tell you about my adoptive parents if you would like."

He nodded slowly, "Only if you want to." I smiled at him, "I do. My parents are wonderful people. My father is big in all sorts of business, real estate mainly, and my mother is an interior designer. What about your parents?"

"My mother and father divorced when I was young and a few years ago my mother remarried. Do you have any siblings?"

"I do. Two brothers, one older one younger. Do you have any?"

"One sister Gemma, she's older. Are you close with your siblings?"

I nodded, "Yes, my older brother, Leo, I'm extremely close to. The younger one, Lucas is a piece of work."

Harry laughed, "Why do you say that?"

"Because it's true." I laughed alongside him, "I think it's the fact that he's the youngest. He has always sort have been the 'golden child' in our family."

"I can't say I understand how that feels, but I'm sure Gemma can relate."

We were briefly interrupted as the waiter delivered our meal. Once the waiter had gone Harry looked to me again, "So I know you like photography. But what else? Any other hobbies?"

"I like to read. What about you?"

"I like reading too. I'm actually going to be starting work as an editor at a publishing company later this week."

"I thought you enjoyed being a tattoo artist?" I asked him as I took a sip from my glass of wine.

"I do. But my mom has been on me saying that I need a job that's a bit more...adequate I guess you could say. She's worried that me being a tattoo artist will never be a good enough job to support a family someday. I somewhat agree with her."