7

The days before the gala passed quickly. Harry and I both were quite busy during those days. Harry had started his new job, and he had repeatedly told me how much he enjoyed it. I was up to my ears in paperwork for my new house and the new photography studio that I decided to buy. On top of that my mom had been wanting my help decorating my new place while I was fine leaving her to do it all, she was after the precessional in that situation. But now, after a crazy week, the day of the gala had arrived. I had spoken to Harry this morning and he said he was excited, but I feel that he was also nervous.

Though our week was busy, we spent a fair amount of time together. We took Charlie on a few walks after Harry had gotten home from work, those nights we normally ended up ordering in at his place and I would then head home once we had ate. Harry had briefly expressed to me while we were purchasing his tuxedo, that he was somewhat intimidated at the thought of the gala. I had tried my best to calm his nerves but I'm not sure I helped much. But I'm picking him up soon and I'm now rushing around my bedroom trying to find my other heel. I lost it in my mess of a room while trying to get ready for the gala. "Grace!" I called glancing at the clock once more. "Have you seen my other Louboutin?!"

"Which one?!" She called back. "The pale pink one!" I heard my door open and then Grace was helping me in my search for the shoe. Fortunately she found it in the back of my closest. "Thank you so much Grace I'm already late and I'm freaking out and-" I was rambling as I put my heels on but Grace had cut me off. "Shh, calm down, you know everything will be fine. Harry will love your family and they will love him. You've been to tons of events just like this, and now you'll just have Harry there with you. Everything will be fine." I gave Grace a hug, "Thank you so much Grace. I have to go now. I'm sure the car is outside." I grabbed my clutch and quickly made my way out of my apartment building and down into the black SUV my parents had sent for me.

The ride to Harry's wasn't unbearably long, and as soon as the car had stopped outside his building I quickly got out and went up to get him. As soon as I knocked on his door he opened it, offering me a smile. Charlie came running, wanting to greet me. I quickly scratched the back of his head before Harry put the puppy back in his apartment and we made our way to the awaiting vehicle.

"How was your day?" Harry asked me once we were off into the New York Friday night traffic. "Alright." I smiled at him as he took my hand in his, "Yours?" Harry shrugged. "Better now that I'm with you." I playfully smacked his chest, "You're such a sap." He stole a quick kiss on my lips before he quietly mumbled something that I couldn't quite make out. "What was that?" I asked him. "I just said that I'm a bit nervous about tonight is all." Despite my own nerves I smiled at him. "No need to be nervous, everything will go wonderfully."

He returned the smile, "Did I tell you how amazing you look tonight?" I look down at our intertwined hand and blushed. "Yes," the moment he opened the door to his apartment he made a point to tell me how he loved the dress on me. "You told me earlier." Harry leaned over and pressed his lips to mine, his hand came to cup my cheek as his tongue invaded my mouth. My hands went to his back where I could feel his toned muscles through his tux. He pulled away from lips just to go straight to my neck. "You. Are. So. Unimaginably. Gorgeous." He whispered in between kisses.

Once he pulled away I took my thumb and wiped away a bit of lipstick that had gotten smeared on his lips with a giggle. "I mean it Adelaide, that dress is breathtaking." He leaned in so close that his breath tickled my ear when he whispered. "Although I'm sure it would be even more breathtaking once it was off." He then, ever so lightly pressed a kiss just beneath my ear and then returned to how he sitting just moments before, leaving me all hot and bothered.

"Thanks for that." I mumbled only the slightest bit upset. "For what?" Harry asked as I crossed my arms and turned away from him. He scooted closer to me. "What's wrong?" He asked me. I turned and leaned in towards his ear like he did with me just moments ago. "You left me all hot bothered thank you very much." I kissed just below his ear as he did to me before sitting normally again. Harry laid his hand over my long dress and on my thigh, he gave it a squeeze. "Maybe I could help you with that then." He told me quietly, his voice having gotten more husky. "I'd very much enjoy that," I said with a smirk, "but it appears that we had arrived." Harry let out a groan as my car door was opened and I stepped out onto the sidewalk in front of the Bowery Hotel. As soon as I was out of the vehicle the paparazzi that were covering the event went nuts. Their camera flashes were suddenly going crazy. I suddenly realized that Harry and I would be plastered all across Page 6.