11

A short month later I woke up the same way I fell asleep that night. The television in my room was left on, Harry and I were both mostly naked, our limbs lying intertwined beneath the covers. I stared up at the ceiling in my bedroom, not wanting to move and possibly wake Harry. The past month was quite the whirlwind. I had officially opened Vanderbilt Photography Studio, I had a working staff and things were in full swing. Harry had quickly been promoted to a senior editor after one of the top editors at his work quit. Things were going well.

We spent the majority of our free time together, watching television, or catching up on our work in my office. A few days ago he had taken me to meet his family. It was so heartwarming, the amount of love he has for his mother and his sister, even his stepfather. And they were all so welcoming.

Today Harry wanted to take me out for dinner. He said he had news to tell me. He had seemed nervous but I wasn't worried. I'm pretty sure that whatever he had to say isn't going to change anything between us. Pulling me from my thoughts I heard a thump downstairs. My heart skipped a beat. In the past month this has been a common occurrence, hearing weird noises, or thinking I saw someone outside. It's been happening in public too. I nearly always feel that someone is watching me. It's been odd.

I listened for a moment, waiting to see if I heard another noise. After hearing only silence, I began to get out of bed to investigate. Harry stirred once I had pulled on my robe. "Where are you going?" He asked me, his voice still thick with sleep. "I heard something downstairs." I told him. He sat up and stretched with a sigh. "Again? I'm starting to worry Adelaide." I had finally told Harry about all of theses noises, he didn't like to think of what it could be.

Together we walked downstairs, finding the back door wide open. "Adelaide didn't you close that last night?" Harry asked me suspiciously. I nodded slowly. "I know for a fact that I did." Harry's face quickly grew serious. "Stay right there Adelaide." He said and began to make his way through the house , checking to see if anything was astray.

He soon reappeared, shaking his head. "Nothing. But I think it's time for you to call the police. Someone was most definitely in your house not long ago." His words sent chills down my spine. "I'm going to call my dad. Then I will move from there."

Quickly I grabbed my phone, and clicked on my father's name. Harry came and wrapped his arms around me from behind, trying his best to calm my nerves. "Good morning Adelaide." My father greeted me warmly.

I quickly explained the situation to him. "How long has this been happening?" My father's voice had grown much more stern. "A month or so." I replied quietly. "And Harry checked the house? He's positive that no one besides you two are there?" I looked at Harry, knowing he was close enough to hear my father's question.

He nodded. "Yes dad, its only us. Nadia has the day off. And we made sure to lock the doors and everything." I could hear movement on the other end of the line. "Good. I'm on my way over now. You're getting a security team wether you like it or not. I'm bringing my team and we will figure out one of them for the job. He'll also become your driver. And Adelaide?"

"Yes?" I asked nervously, my father was taking this very seriously and it made me grow more wary. "You are not to argue with me on this. You are going to have a security team now. We'll make one of the downstairs rooms their office. I'm not taking any chances with you okay?" I nodded even though he couldn't hear me. "Yes. I will see you soon dad." I said and hung up.

Immediately Harry pulled me into his embrace. "It will be okay Adelaide. I promise." He whispered, but I could tell he didn't really believe it.

"Adelaide this is Scott, he's going to be your head of security. John will be assisting him. They will be installing security cameras in all of the main rooms, and Scott will be driving you for now on. You don't go anywhere without him taking you. Understand?" I nodded at my father with a glance towards the two men in the small room off of my foyer. " Harry I want you to make sure she listens. She no longer takes taxis, she walks nowhere, even if you're with her I want either Sawyer or John around too." Harry nodded. "Yes sir."