Repenting

"You gonna be okay for the christmas holidays without me around?" Persephone knew by now that a large portion of my life that wasn't centred around ballet and horses, revolved around her. But what she didn't know was that before her their was Genie, and I doubted I'd miss Persephone too much while Genie was here.

"I'm sure I'll survive, but I'll miss you like crazy!" We jumped up and down holding hands before I pulled her into a bonecrushing goodbye hug. I never liked goodbye's. Not since I'd felt my mother's hand leaving mine when I was around three years old.

"I'll miss her more!" Scott slammed his face so hard to hers, pulling her body close, I was nearly certain he'd broken her nose. But she retreated quickle unscathed as I half yelled half whispered.

"Dude, get a room!" Scott chuckled and scruffed my hair with his palm, a boyish grin playing on his chiselled feature's. He was definitely sad to see her go.

"Oh little innocent Zizi, we do have a room...a hotel room, and we spent all night there" He  winked at me and I pretended to have a heart attack and die of shock. Obviously they slept together, every teenage couple had sex after a month or so of dating-apart from me- or so it seemed. Persephone was laughing, but she looked a little sad. Something only me, her ultimate bessie mate, would have noticed.

"I'm gonna miss you guys, I almost wish that we would have spent this Christmas at home so that I could have seen you both open your presents" Her bottom lip was sticking out slightly, and I realised that there was a high possibility that I was about to witness teen goddess Persephone, cry...

"Well I'm envious, imagine all the hot guys you'll see in Florida!" I winked and Scott growled. On reflex without thinking she responded and made me burst into loud laughter. I loved the blush that came to her face when she realised she'd answered a little too honestly.

"Don't you know it, Florida boys are beyond the bizz!" I snorted back my last laugh, knowing it would make me hiccup. That usually happened when I laughed too hard.

"I hope you realise that those Florida boys will all be dead, if they so much as go near you!" Their was a little force behind the words, and the passion showing in Scott's eyes told me he was deadly serious. I'd only seen that look when Persephone spoke to, or about Quinn.

"Hehehe, I must say I like this possesive, jealous side of you" I decided that was my cue to leave. I jumped in front of them as Scott was about to shove his tongue down her throat...again. I hugged her tight and whispered in her ear, 'I'll miss you'. She responded with a lopsided smile.

I turned and headed off down the terminal. I had convenintly been able to make Genie's flights a little later in the year, which totally sucked in some ways as it meant I'd had to wait five weeks instead of two for her arrival, but on the upside she was now staying for three instead of one. Because she was on Christmas vacation anyway.

So I had fifteen minute's between Persephone having to board her plane, and when Genie's was supposed to be getting in. I walked up to the neon board that showed the delayed flights for the day, oh fucking hell!

Flight 5-19 is delayed 2 hours  due to unforseen difficulties.

Well that was...annoying. I could have done more productive things with my day rather than sit around an airport, I could have gone shopping for Genie's Christmas present, or rode Starshine, or done some dancing. But no, I was stuck here. Sat on a plastic chair in an environment where the prodominant colour was white, and everything smelled like plastic and bleach. Like a stylish apartment crossed with a hospital.

I pulled out my phone, hoping something interesting might be going on, and somebody may have messaged me. I smiled at the green flashing light. My two main contacts were either about to get onto a plane, or already on one. So that left two options for my messages.