Chapter 19: Pre Interviews

Chapter 19

Meg's POV

I must have fallen asleep sometime after 1:00 AM, considering it is now 0630, and Haymitch is already trying to shove me out of bed. "What could you possibly need from me. Right. Now?" I ask, burying my head further into the pillow.

"You're working with me today for interviews tonight. I need to see what I have to work with."

"What?" I lift my head to look at him. He's standing, one hand in his pocket and the other is holding a full glass of whiskey.

"How you act in front of a camera." he says in a bored voice.

"Why didn't you just say that the first time?" I ask, turning over so I can sit with my back against the headboard. He shakes his head and instructs me to be dressed and ready to impress him in five minutes.

I groan, but pull myself from the comfortable bed anyway. I dress myself in some high-waisted black, wide leg trousers and a comfortable fitted green shirt that brushes the top of the trousers. I brush my teeth and braid my hair over my shoulder. I check the clock and it's been 10 minutes. Oops. Too bad.

The sitting room is empty, save Haymitch, with a hoard of food spread out on the coffee table. "I thought I said five minutes."

"Well, I didn't want to knock you out with my morning breath. Get over it." I tell him, piling a mound of steaming food on my plate. I sit cross-legged across from him, and start digging in.

I can feel the annoyed look Haymitch has fixed me with since I entered the room, but I'm too engrossed in my breakfast to care. Again, Dath. You can leave my mind anytime! "Alright, as you eat, you might as well listen. I'm going to be conducting a mach interview with you to see if you can behave accordingly during interviews. Understand?"

"I'm not twelve, I understand." I say around a mouthful of food.

"Just try not to be a stick in the mud." I roll my eyes, and he begins.

-The Dress-

I stare at myself in the full length mirror, staring at my reflection, wondering if I truly have to go out there looking like this. My dress is a rich, royal blue that falls off my shoulders with the left side extending out to a full sleeve while my right arm remains completely exposed, save for the single wide strap that holds itself against my upper arm.

The sweetheart bodice holds tight throughout my chest and ribs. Fabric is joined at the formfitted hips, to form an overly large slit fully exposing my right leg. Thigh and all. The fabric sways and shimmers when I move. When I walk, the full length skirt flows behind me. The shoes are silver and full of sparkling gemstones to reflect all light, no matter the direction.

I'm covered in dainty silver chains that begin at my exposed shoulders. They drape and cascade over them and rest against my collarbones. A chained belt rests on my hips where they angle off the left side and intertwine with the fabric of the skirt. There's even small chains I wear for earrings, and catch the light, drawing attention to the smokey and dark colors that paint my eyes. The colors make the blue in my eyes more harsh under full false lashes. My lips are painted a deep maroon that gives my mouth a seductive appeal when I speak or smile.

My hair.. They've lightened it somehow. Enhanced the blond, so the intentional waves left out of the loose twist can frame my face, creating almost a halo effect under the harsh lights in the dressing room. I can only imagine what the stage lights will do.

I look nothing like myself, and look much older than I am. I feel disgusted, and I don't even know how I am going to walk without showing everything, or without tripping considering the height of these shoes. Interviews haven't even started and this is already a disaster.