Chapter Two

An// if you guys follow me, it might say I updated this chapter, well, it's cuz it is edited now. So you will start getting notifications that I updated the chapters on these, and that's just me editing/adding/changing the chapters. They will be more detailed, too, so if you want you can re-read them. 😘

••edited and detailed•••
I tap my foot as I watch the clock tick away. Five more minutes of math class.

Savannah, the girl who sits next to me, asks me if I have a spare pencil. I hand it to her just as my phone goes off. Unfortunately, it wasn't just a quite chime. And of course, everyone stares at me (including my Math teacher, Mr. Ackerman).

"Sorry," I murmur. "I must've forgotten to put my phone on silent." Mr. Ackerman frowns but doesn't say anything.

Everyone focuses their attention back on the lesson. Finally, in what seems like five hours, the shrieking of the bell comes over the speakers and I run out of class to my locker. I do my locker combination- 4, 32, 1. Opening it, I'm surprised to see a note nestled at the bottom of my almost bare locker. I pick it up and unfold it. It reads:

"Hey. I know you think that you're popular or something, but here's a newsflash- you're just a snobby brat. Watch out, Hover, cause you won't be the queen for long."

Shuddering, I almost throw the note away but for some reason decide to put it in my backpack.

I grab all of my binders and notebooks for homework and get onto the bus. What was that? There was no name at the bottom. Not wanting to get anyone involved, I don't tell Ari or Brittany about it.

I stare out of the window during the whole bus ride, pretending like nothing ever happened even though it did.
********************************************
"Makenna?" Mom calls my name.

I hear her walking down the hallway and realize that I fell asleep while doing homework. The door creaks open and I see that my mom is not very happy.

"Makenna, you need to stop doing this. I need you to finish your homework, because otherwise you'll get more points taken off of your grade. And with 2 C's, I really don't think you can afford that kind of point loss."

I exhale.

"Fine, I'm up. Sorry."

Mom winks and adds, "It's fine. Maybe you need to get more sleep next time."

The door shuts and I finish all of my homework in about an hour. Carefully putting my papers back in my backpack, I stride into the kitchen.

"Mom, what's for dinner?" I ask. It's already seven.

"Steak and vegetables." She replies.

I nod and leave the kitchen. I settle in the TV room instead, surfing through all of the channels until I find the news. Florida's regular reporters, Dawn Florence and Jackson Wilde appear on the screen. Dawn starts the report.

"Alright, our next story is about a transfer to a new school. This topic is not usually broadcasted on the news, but this is probably something you want to hear." she says. Jackson cuts in.

"Yes, that's correct. This story is about Carly Emerson, the daughter of millionaire Bill Emerson. She is well known for her kindness, beauty, and love for family and friends. She was attending Jefferson Private Academy earlier this year, but now the Emersons have announced that she wants to try out public school. She will be transferred to Sandy High School."

I gasp. What? Carly Emerson is transferring to my school? I mean, why would she do that?

Her father is a millionaire, and I would suspect that she wants to go to private school, but I guess her mind was changed.

Trying to decide whether or not this news is good or bad, I fall asleep on the couch...again.