Chapter Eight

An// if you guys follow me, it might say I updated this chapter, well, it's cuz it is edited now. So you will start getting notifications that I updated the chapters on these, and that's just me editing/adding/changing the chapters. They will be more detailed, too, so if you want you can re-read them. 😘

••edited and detailed•••
The next day, Carly and I meet by the front of the school. Ari and Brittany look confused as I walk off of the bus.
"Is that ?" Ari asks.
"Yup." I say, pulling her arm behind me. Brittany and Carly follow.
"Okay, uh, you two," Carly starts. "Can Makenna and I talk privately?" Ari and Brittany nod and quickly walk inside of the school.
"Makenna," Carly says. "You can't tell anyone about this. Got it?" She says.
"Got it." I reassure her.
"Now, go on UChat today after school. And if you can, meet me in the old teacher's lounge during lunch. We need to talk privately." she tells me in a low voice.
"Wait, how do you know about the old teacher's lounge? You've only been here for like, two days." I say.
"Someone tipped me off." she says. I nod.
"Okay, I'll meet you there. By the way, did you find your little sister yet? I heard that she went missing."
Carly's eyes lose their shine.
"I don't like to think about it. But lately, Karen has been kind of stalking me on social media, and she found out that I had a little sister. She seemed really interested in her, and I know it sounds crazy, but I think she's the one who took my sister." she says.

"What? Why would she do that?" I ask. "She's just a high-school girl, not a criminal." I say.

"I know," Carly replies. "But from past experience with her, she will do anything to get what she wants, no matter how desperate the measure." I peer closely at her watch.

"The bell's going to ring," I rush on. "Talk to me later!" I run inside of the school and sit in my seat right as the bell rings. Mrs. Faren looks up at me cautiously.
"Is that a tardy, Miss Hover?" She asks sternly. I'm frustrated so I roll my eyes.
"Yeah, sure." I say, annoyed. Mrs. Faren looks surprised and she marks something down on her computer. Probably a tardy, but I don't care. For the rest of class, I'm snappy to my teacher and get detention. What is wrong with me? Now I can't meet Carly at lunch. Before class ends, I take out my phone and text Carly.
Carly 😏
Me: got detention. it sucks. can't meet u at lunch sorry

The text sends. A few seconds later, my phone buzzes.
Carly 😏
Carly- oh it's fine, I got it too, I pretty much get it every day. I'm a bad girl lol see you in detention. btw we can talk about it there trust me
I laugh at her reply. Mrs. Faren sees me on my phone and starts to come over, but the bell rings and I bolt out of the door before she can say anything. I go to my next class, feeling disappointed in myself. Detention. I've never gotten it before. I shouldn't have acted up. I go to my next class and listen this time. When class ends, I look at my detention slip.
--------------------------------------------
DETENTION SLIP
Name- Makenna Hover
Reason- Disruptive; bad attitude
Grade- 11th
Teacher- Mrs. Faren
--------------------------------------------
When it's time for lunch, I quickly tell Ari and Brittany that I have detention. They look really surprised, probably because they're used to me always being a "goodie-goodie". I take my sack lunch to the detention room. Immediately, I notice that the teacher on duty is tired looking and is about to fall asleep. Plus, there's only me, Carly, and another guy that I've never seen before in the room. I slide into a chair next to Carly's.
"Hey," I greet her. She acknowledges me with a grin.
"Hey, you made it." she says slyly.
"Yeah, I did. So, let's talk." I say.
"Yeah, um, we'll do that. But first, wanna have some detention fun?" She asks with a grin.
"I don't know what that means, but I'm tempted to try." I say, standing up. The teacher on duty is completely out. Carly stands up and goes to the desk where the teacher's head is resting on the bare wood. She pulls out a Sharpie from the drawer and looks at the boy who's in the room with us. He has light brown hair, that's spiked, tanned skin, and adorable hazel eyes that you can't help but sink into. He blushes when he sees me. I wave. Carly shakes her hand in front of my face.
"Stop flirting, let's get to business." I feel my face getting hot.
"Right," I say, getting myself together. "So, what are you going to do?" Carly looks at the boy again and makes a "shh" symbol with her finger. The boy nods, a grin on his face. Carly opens the Sharpie and starts drawing on the teacher's face. The tip of the Sharpie slowly moves until it resembles a mustache. I laugh quietly.
"Omg," I say. "Let me try." I grab the Sharpie from Carly's hands and she lets out a satisfying smile.
"Go ahead." She says. I draw the words "Dannggg Daniel" all across his face. Carly suppresses a laugh.
"Didn't know you had that in you." She says. The boy looks at me and laughs.
"You know, it wouldn't hurt to let me have a try." he says, coming up to the desk and taking the Sharpie from me. He draws dark eyebrows, a butt chin, nostril hairs, and rosy cheeks onto the teacher's face. Afterwards, he writes "U Suck" on his forehead.
"Stupid teacher." He mutters. I smile.
"Probably deserved it." I laugh. Then my face falls and my heart feels like it's in the pit of my stomach.
Why am I acting like this? This isn't like me. I calm down and start being normal again. Before I know it, the teacher's face looks like a graffiti wall. I can't help but laugh. I did some wrong things, but I do have to admit, I had a good time.