Chapter Fourteen

AN//

O.M.G. 🙊🙊🙊🙊🙊 I HAVE FIVE HUNDRED READS ON THIS!!! Tysm guys! ILY to the MOON 🌙 AND BACK!!! This is amazing! btw, I'm ending this book at fifteen chapters, so this is the second to last chapter! there MIGHT be a second book, but that depends. also, I know most of my followers and reads are bc of this book, but PLEASE check out my other books; they're really interesting!!! 🌷🌷🌷

Tysm,
❤️❤️kt❤️❤️

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Currently, Carly and I are lounging in the chairs of principal Evanston's office. He stares at us before saying, "So, you think that this girl is 'dangerous'?" He holds up quotes with his hands.

Carly and I both nod.

"Listen, she's trying to a) blackmail someone, and b) trying to make someone leave the school." Carly explains. Principal Evanston looks dazed.

"Fine. I have a deal for you two- if you find this Karen girl and bring her to my office by tomorrow, then I'll see what I can do." he says. "Now out!" We exit the room and I shrug.

"Well, at least he's going to try." I say. Carly frowns.

"Yeah, but only if we meet his criteria..." she scoffs. My face falls.

"You're right. How're we going to find Karen when she doesn't even go to this school?" I wonder. Carly purses her lips.

"Wait...what about that guy that's being blackmailed by Karen? Does he go to this school?" she asks.

"Yeah, actually, he's in my ELA class," I say nonchalantly. "Why do you want to know?"
Carly rolls her eyes.

"Well maybe he knows where Karen is." she says. I feel stupid.

"Right." I say. The bell rings, and it's actually time for me to go to ELA right now. I smile.

"Carly, this is perfect timing! I have ELA right now, so I can ask him then. Bye." I say. She waves and leaves. I walk to my class and see the guy immediately. When he sees me, he hides his face, which makes me suppress a laugh.

"Relax," I say, moving closer to him. "I just have a question." He nods and motions with his hands for me to go on. I sigh.

"Is Karen at the school today?" I ask. He bobs his head up and down.

"Yeah. If you want to find her, she told me she'll be in the east wing hallway at lunch." he replies. I thank him and slide into my seat just as the bell rings.
^^^^^^^^^^^
At lunch, Carly meets me at my locker.

"Hey." she says. I wave to her.

"Hey. Let's go." I reply.

We head to the east wing and when we arrive, I push Carly against the wall and press myself against the wall next to her also. Karen is sitting against the opposite side of us, playing a game on her phone. I make the "shh" symbol to Carly and start to walk towards her, but her arm pulls me back.

"Stop," she says carefully. "You can't. She won't let you take her to the office. You're her enemy, remember? Let me take care of this." she says. And before I can say anything, she walks in plain sight of Karen. Karen glances up.

"Carly?" she asks. Carly turns around, pretending to notice Karen.

"Oh my gosh, Karen! What are you doing here?" Carly says, a fake smile plastered on her face. Karen grins.

"Just...exploring the school. I might go here next year." she replies. Carly nods.

"Cool! Well, want me to come with you to the office and help you pick up a registration card for next year?" she asks. Karen's face lights up.

"Totally! Let's go!" she says. I snort softly and realize that she'll be able to see me if she walks past. I scoot more against the wall into a shadow, and that does it, because Carly and Karen pass by me without noticing a thing. Hopefully this works. Since I have no other part in our plan, I walk in the other direction and head to the cafeteria.
^^^^^^^^
The aroma of cafeteria food fills my nostrils, making me want to gag. I can't decide on where to sit. Then....I face palm. Ari and Brittany! I walk over to where we usually sit and see them talking. When they look up to see me, their faces fall.

"What's wrong, guys?" I ask them. They exchange glances.

"Well, we thought that...you weren't our friend anymore." Brittany shyly says. I frown.

"What? Why?" I ask. Then I realize that I haven't talked or hung out with them almost this whole week. I feel so stupid and like a horrible friend.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," I rush. "I feel so terrible...if you guys don't want to be my friend anymore...then I get it." I tell them. They smile. Ari and Brittany get up and engulf me in a big
"No, it's okay. We forgive you." Ari reassures me. I smile, and I am starting to see that everything is okay.