Chapter Three

An// if you guys follow me, it might say I updated this chapter, well, it's cuz it is edited now. So you will start getting notifications that I updated the chapters on these, and that's just me editing/adding/changing the chapters. They will be more detailed, too, so if you want you can re-read them. 😘

••edited and detailed•••
The next day, I'm prepared for the worst. Right before I fell asleep last night, the news report stated that Carly Emerson will be here today. So I've made up my mind. This isn't the best thing for my popularity.

I've never really tried to steal the spotlight from anyone, I've just been in it. And now I'm afraid that once Carly gets here, I'll be nothing anymore. I don't need to be popular, but I like it. Do I fight for the spotlight or let her take over? Either way, it won't be easy. I consider this as I pretend to listen to Ari talk about her crush, and I decide that I will let things play out and see what happens. I can hear chattering around the halls, and it's all about Carly Emerson (pretty much).

"Makenna? Were you even listening to me?"Ari taps me on the shoulder.

"Uh, yeah." I tell her.

She rolls her eyes and walks away.

Then the door opens, and I see her.

About 5'6, pretty blonde hair, with a nice outfit, Carly comes down the hallway. Everyone stops and stares at her. The whole hallway is silent. It's almost like all the movies, with wind blowing in her hair and music blasting. Except for her hair isn't moving and there's not any music. Suddenly, everyone rushes towards her and gets loud again.

Carly squeals a little bit, not quite understanding the gesture that people are making to her. This means that she is officially popular. Not that she wasn't before. I sigh and slam my locker shut. My popularity is over.
********************************************Carly somehow got two classes with me- Science and ELA. Usually in every class, she had people tagging along beside her, asking if she wanted to be partners with them. She just waved them all away and worked solo.

In science, I didn't notice it. But in ELA, I noticed it. Her handwriting, I mean. Loopy, cursive writing. And you know what that reminds me of? The note that I received in my locker.