Chapter Six

An// if you guys follow me, it might say I updated this chapter, well, it's cuz it is edited now. So you will start getting notifications that I updated the chapters on these, and that's just me editing/adding/changing the chapters. They will be more detailed, too, so if you want you can re-read them. 😘 (for this chapter, I added some stuff at the end so I would suggest that you read it)

••edited and detailed•••
The next day, Carly is at school. She doesn't seem very depressed, she's acting pretty normal, and she's talking to everyone. It's like she doesn't care about her sister. But I know better. Why wouldn't she care?

I step out of my fourth period class and see that Ari and Brittany aren't there. They probably went to lunch without me. Sighing, I retreat to my locker. Something catches my attention. Another note flies out of my locker.

"What the-?" I ask uncertainly. I pick up the note and unfold it.

Hey, meet me in the girl's locker room after school. I need to talk to you. ~C̥ͦḁͦr̥ͦl̥ͦy̥ͦ

Ugh. Not her again. But maybe she wasn't the one who wrote the note after all. Her handwriting looks almost way different than the one on the other note.

I decide that I'm going to meet her and I go to lunch, not ever considering the fact that she knew exactly what my name was and where my locker was.

There, is the biggest crowd ever- all surrounding Carly. I spot Bailey Richards, a girl in my PE class.

"BAILEY!" I have to shout to get her attention. She turns around.

"Yeah?" She says back.
"
What's going on over there?" I point to the big crowd. Bailey is basically one of the only people who isn't a part of the crowd.

"I don't really know. Something to do with a funny picture?" She calls out.

I give her a thumbs-up and enter the crowd. Teachers are trying to yell "Break it up, guys, break it up!" but it's not working. As I get closer to where Carly is, people laugh. The next thing goes really fast...
Carly: Hey, uh, what was your name again?
Me: Makenna....
Carly: Oh, that's right. I forgot.

How could she have forgotten? She must've known my name before, or else she wouldn't have been able to find my locker. And plus, I told her it yesterday...

Me: So what's the big fuss?
Carly: Oh, this picture. *shows me a picture on her phone screen of Ari in nerd glasses and a ridiculous dinosaur outfit (from when she was little)*
Me: Oh, um, haha! That is so funny!
Carly: I know right! I found it online and was going to show it to a few people, but everyone wanted to see I guess.
Me: Oh! Well, gotta go! Bye!
I run (actually walk, after Mr. Zander gives me the evil eye) all the way to where Ari and Brittany could be- the girl's bathroom. I push open the door and hear Ari's voice.
"I-I don't know what to do! If I show my face, then people might see the resemblance!"
I walk to the last stall, a handicap stall, and knock on it.
"Ari?" I ask. "Brittany?"
The lock clicks open and both of them emerge from the stall. Ari's face is tear stained and her mascara is starting to smear under her eyes.
"Ari, are you okay?" I coax. She shakes her head and buries her face in her hands.
"No," her muffled voice replies. "I'm just scared to go into the cafeteria. If people see me come in, they might recognize me as the girl that was in the picture!" I kind of want to laugh, but I know that Ari would not appreciate it. I pat her on the back.
"Ari, it's fine! You can go in there; no one will notice! Plus, you were four when that was taken. You look way different now!" I say. Ari looks up.
"You really think so?" She asks. Brittany nods and looks at her. Those two are like peanut butter and jelly. They're always there for each other.
"Makenna's right. You shouldn't be crying over something like this. Now, let's go. Unless you don't want lunch..." Brittany teases. Ari hits her in the shoulder.
"Oh, alright," she sniffles. "You know I wouldn't refuse food..." She says. We all chuckle and leave the bathroom. When we walk in, the crowd has subsided and only the regular crowd around Carly remains. I clap and rub my hands together.
"Crap!" I say.
"What?" Brittany asks.
"I left my lunch outside the bathroom before I went in." I say. Ari volunteers to come with me.
"Nah, it's fine guys. Save me a seat and I'll be right back." I assure them. They wave as I go into the hallway. I walk in the direction of the girls' bathroom.
"Give this to her tomorrow," a voice says. It sounds a lot like Carly's. But it can't be- she's in the cafeteria. I hide behind a pillar in the hall and eavesdrop a little more.
"Okay, I'll do it." A boy's voice replies. I hear a kiss sound, then a girl's heels walking away. The boy's footsteps get closer. Quickly, I emerge from my hiding spot and pretend to be getting a drink from the drinking fountain.
"Hi," I say as the boy passes me. He nods and avoids my gaze. Hm. I return to the lunchroom and go to eat my lunch. Strangely enough, Carly is sitting in the cafeteria still, right where she was before. But it was her in the hallway. How could she have gotten back so fast?

Sitting down at the table, I ask Ari and Brittany, "Hey, did you guys see Carly leave the cafeteria?"

They shake their heads.

"No, why?" Brittany asks. I shrug.

"I was just curious."

Opening up my lunch, I keep watching her, but she doesn't ever move. Not one bit.

So how could she have been in two places at once?

Unless...