Chapter Five

An// if you guys follow me, it might say I updated this chapter, well, it's cuz it is edited now. So you will start getting notifications that I updated the chapters on these, and that's just me editing/adding/changing the chapters. They will be more detailed, too, so if you want you can re-read them. 😘

••edited and detailed•••
After school, Ari, Brittany, and I hang out. We start by making a list of all the possible people that could have written the note. We only come up with three people though- Carly, a girl named Aubrey, and a girl named Maddy. I find it funny that Carly is still on the list.

"Ari," I ask. "Who else can we put on the list?"

Ari shrugs. "I don't know," she says. "You're the social one here."

I collapse. How am I supposed to rely on anyone right now? But she's kind of right. I am the social one out of the three of us, and I know almost everyone in the grade. I end up sending them home and doing it myself, which only earns me one more suspect- a super brainiac kid who is in my science class and, as you could suspect, has really nice handwriting. Not that it's him.

Giving up, I go downstairs and turn the news on.

Dawn comes onto the screen.

"Welcome to Channel 9 news at 5. We have breaking news, a three year-old girl has gone missing. She went missing last night, after she was eating out at dinner with her family. No one knows her whereabouts, but if you know anything about her disappearance, then please contact police authorities immediately. Her name is Amy Emerson, sister of Carly Emerson."

My mouth must drop open, because Mom walks in and says, "What's wrong?"

I tilt my head towards the TV.

"Just a news report." I reply. Mom raises her eyebrows but returns to cooking dinner.

The sound of creaking and machinery fills the room with sound. My dad is home. I wait for the garage to fully open, then I run out to greet him.

"Hey Dad!" I say, giving him a hug. He returns the hug.

"Hey Kenna!" He greets me. He's the only one who calls me Kenna. Everyone else calls me by my full name. But that's okay; it makes me feel special when my dad calls me Kenna.

"Did you listen to your radio and hear the news?" I ask. Dad shakes his head.

"Nope. Sorry sweetie." He tells me. I give him a thumbs-up.

"It's fine. It doesn't really matter anyways." I say back.

I follow him through the door into the house and start to smell rice and teriyaki chicken. Mm, dinner. I rush to the kitchen to welcome the aroma.

"Wow, Mom, teriyaki chicken? Thanks." I compliment. She nods.

"We haven't had it in a long time, so why not now?" I agree with her and return to my room upstairs. I sign into UChat, an online chatting website.

'Welcome, _kennaxoxo_.' The screen says when I sign in. Another notice pops up.
'You have 2 friends online.' I click on the green button and it says that Ari and Brittany are the ones online. Perfect. I create a group chat with the three of us and send a message to it.

-_kennaxoxo_-'нєу✋' I send. A few seconds

later, Ari replies.

-arriii_- Hi😀

-_kennaxoxo_-Have u watched the news lately?

Beep.

-arriii_- no, why❓

Bloop.

-_kennaxoxo_- BC Carly's sister went missing!

Brittany comes on to the chat.

-itsbritt- wut❓

-_kennaxoxo_- 👍 ya. Srsly. Go on channel nine's website.

-itsbritt- wuttt??? but why would she go missing? 😱

-arriii_- ya is this a prank...?

-_kennaxoxo_- nope I promise guys, go look it up. I don't want to explain😖
-arriii_- k I will go look it up👍
-itsbritt- same here. Tisw
-_kennaxoxo_- huh? Tisw?
-itsbritt- it stands for that is so weird. thought that u would've gotten that one lol😂
-_kennaxoxo_- oh, lol. Ttyl guys.
A new messages pops up on the screen.
'_kennaxoxo_ has signed out.'
I close my laptop and plop down on my bed.
"Why are you so confusing, Carly Emerson?" I say. "Why?"