Chapter One

An// if you guys follow me, it might say I updated this chapter, well, it's cuz it is edited now. So you will start getting notifications that I updated the chapters on these, and that's just me editing/adding/changing the chapters. They will be more detailed, too, so if you want you can re-read them. 😘

••edited and detailed•••
"Makenna," my mom says. "Wake up."

I yawn and stretch my arms.

"I'm up." I tell her.

She nods. "Good. Hurry and get ready, your bus is going to be here soon."

I sigh. "I know Mom, you say that every day."

She rolls her eyes and exits the room.

Today is another average day.

As I walk over to my closet, I brainstorm about what kind of outfit I should wear. Red and white striped top with skinny jeans? Blue pull-over with a mini-skirt? Sighing, I proceed to open my closet. I grab the first thing I see, which is my white silk top. I close my closet and go to my dresser. I choose a pair of jeans and get dressed.

Looking in the mirror, I see my morning face. It's blank, and has barely any natural beauty to it. Time to apply some makeup. I sit down at my makeup table and apply blush, mascara, eyeshadow, and lipstick. Finalizing my look with a pair of lollipop earrings, I check myself in the mirror once more. My outfit looks great, and I smile to myself. I think about curling my hair today, but hair curls better when your hair is not as clean, and I took my shower last night. So instead, I put my hair up into a messy bun, and walk downstairs to the kitchen.

A breakfast bar, cereal, and a banana is waiting at the table for me. My mom is the only one home now, because my dad's already at work.

Hungrily devouring my meal, I watch the TV channel that's on, which is the news talking about presidential candidates. Boring.

When I'm done, I double check to make sure that my mom packed me lunch. I am satisfied to see a sack in my backpack. Thank goodness, school lunch is disgusting. And I'm not like one of those people who have never tried school lunch and just suspect that it's disgusting, I have actually tried it and I hate it. I slide my backpack straps over my shoulders and say goodbye to my mom.

Just as I reach the bus stop, I can see the big, yellow vehicle pulling up on the side of the road. The bus driver, a guy named Austin, tells me good morning and I do the same. Walking down the aisle, I try to find an empty seat. Of course, there isn't one. There never is. It's most likely because if there's not an empty seat, some "lucky" person will get to sit by me.

Sadly, none of my main friends ride my bus, so I have to settle with sitting by Harold, a guy who (no offense) really needs to wear cologne. He smells like a dead animal. I turn so that I'm not facing him, which decreases the smell. When the bus finally arrives at school, I can see my friends waiting for me at the front. Excited to get off of the bus, I manage to be the sixth one off. I greet my friends with hugs.

"Hey guys," I say. Ari and Brittany tell me hello.

Shortly, the bell rings and we are forced into another day of misery. Slouching down as I walk, I know it's going to be a boring day.