Chapter 4

Alexandra Daddario as Sarah Anderson. She is so pretty! A special recognition to my bestie Sarah, she was made for you.

ROSABELLE

As soon as Kristin and I assisted Sage to his room, I made a beeline to my new room. Luckily, I memorised the way back when Sarah and I headed out.

I was deep in thoughts to realise that someone was watching me. I felt his gaze heat up my skin but I tried not to look at him and continued to find my way back.

I would have liked to go and look after Sarah only I had absolutely no clue where her room was. Soon, I would ask someone to give me a tour but for now, I'll have to rely on Kristin to comfort her.

I reached a similar looking door and outstretched my arm out to grab the knob when I felt tingles down my arm.

I slowly turned to face the dark mysterious blue eyes gazing deeply into my eyes.

This time, he wasn't standing too close to me and I internally sighed in relief. I had enough claustrophobic episodes today to last me quite a while. Also, it wasn't really attractive when you were choking for air in front of your mate, was it?

'Wha-what are you doing?' I stuttered, feeling frightened from the previous episode. He was silent. He approached closer as I backed away until my back hit the door. I winced but held his gaze as confidently as I could.

'Please, stay back.' I tried to hold in the fear I had for him. I guess I wasn't a good enough actress. He looked almost hurt as he froze. He didn't meet my eyes as he slowly walked away. I tried to reach for him but my hands wouldn't move and I could do nothing but watch him walk away from me.

When he was out of earsight, I slid down to the bottom and cradled my head in my hands. Why was I so weak against him? Why did I have to be so afraid? They were the questions I asked myself over and over until I couldn't help but feel claustrophobic emotionally.

*~*

*knock, knock*

'Sarah? Can I come in?' I asked, knocking gently on her door. The door opened without a noise and Sarah stepped out, her face light pink.

'Yeah?' She gasped when she saw my face. I was crying a few short moments ago and I was sure my nose were distinguishable as Rudolph's nose.

She threw her arms around me, forgetting all about her own pain and sadness, and pulled me tightly against her. I cried into her shoulders as she pat my back comfortingly.

'What's wrong?' She asked when we pulled away. I mouthed, not here and pointed to her room. She nodded and lead us in, kicking the door shut after her.

As soon as she sat me down on her bed, I burst out to tears again. She rubbed my back just as Mason used to. Oh, how I missed him. My dear best friend, my life companion, my Alpha.

'I-I was so scared. When Sebastian threw Sage at the wall, I was afraid of him. It's so s-stupid, I know, but I couldn't stop myself! And to add up to that, my claustrophobic experience with him earlier triggered my fear even more and I ended up begging him not to come close!' I confessed it all in one breath and gasped as soon as I was finished.

Sarah's face morphed into a gentle, reassuring smile and I could instantly feel my guilt and remorse fading away. When I was far away from being hysterical, I gave her a small smile and hugged her one last time before standing up.

'Thank you so much for listening to me. I'm so thankful you're here or else I wouldn't be able to live another day.' I exaggerated a bit before walking towards the door. Just before I exited, I turned to face her again.