Chapter 8

Logan Lerman as Daniel Stewart. God, just looking at him makes me want to smile. #loganlermanfangirl

ROSABELLE

Ever since the day Sage got hurt by Sebastian, I hadn't seen my mate around. I heard that he went to another pack for a meeting. Some say that he was probably locked up in his study.

Was he really that solemn and isolated? Did he have people who cared enough to go and care for him? Would he mind if I volunteered for the role?

Sebastian was constantly on my mind. He had said something in italian that I couldn't quite pick up. Not that I could pick up really anything.

Perdonami, mia rosa

What did he say? Ugh, only if he spoke french, we could have been having fluent conversations. Why did we have to have background issues?

Groaning, I threw my italian book on my bed as I failed to pronounce the sentence as the CD. Why couldn't I get it? It was just a language! I could understand french perfectly and learnt it in a short period of time.

Sighing, I checked the clock. 3:30pm. Shoot!

I stood up from my bed, pulled out the CD. I dressed in black skinny jeans, navy blue blouse and black boots before running out and heading to the medical ward.

*~*

'Ok, you're used to the procedure. If it feels like too much, just tell me.' Dr. Roberts promised, making me nod.

I was officially getting treated. I was receiving the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I have been to couple sessions so far and they haven't been so bad. Dr. Roberts actually told me that I wouldn't need so many sessions because I seemed to be responding to it positively.

'As we talked about last week, tell me about how it feels when you are around too many people while being in a small space.'

That's basically how the session went. Dr. Roberts kept asking me questions and would try and change my thoughts on the negative connotations that came with it. It really helped and I noticed that I was feeling better in the pack, even in some crowded parts.

'Thank you, Dr. Roberts, this treatment's really helping me.' I said, smiling gratefully. He nodded with a smile of his own and waved goodbye. I did the same and exited, heading for my room. I felt lighter every session and looked forward to the next one.

With a pleased smile, I skipped back to my room, thinking of how easier my life would be once I got over my sickening phobia. No more attacks and definitely less chances of freaking out in front of my mate.

Speaking of him, I wondered when he would appear again. I have thoroughly missed him although our previous encounters haven't been all delightful.

'Mia rosa.'

His voice. It sent shivers up and down my spine and an fizz of spark to errupt everywhere across my body. I twirled around and faced my mate, standing tall and neutral.

My mood both lifted and sank at his presence. Sure, I was glad he appeared and called me whatever it was in italian but I was dreaming of getting a more warm and kind welcoming. That clearly wasn't the case.

'Sebastian!' I exclaim, shocked and ecstatic. 'Where have you been?'

'Just my study.' His answer was brief. 'Where have you been?'

I twiddle with my finger. For some reason, I felt uncertain if I should tell him or not. He knew of my claustrophobia - everyone in this pack did - but would he want it to be confirmed and have his mate branded as "weak", "damaged" or "ill"? I doubt that anyone ever did so what made him an exception?