Chapter 14

ROSABELLE

Seething in anger, I storm off to my room, slamming the door shut. the nerve of that she-devil! Even I couldn't handle her and I was the most patient person out of everyone I know.

I kept my mouth glued shut, fearing what I would say and who might hear it. Anyone who heard it could spread a rumor and rumor spread fast with thousands of wolves around.

I grabbed at my hair, pulling at the strands. It was an attempt to relieve my frustration and... betrayal.

Sebastian hasn't done anything wrong. He didn't force her to love him or obsess over him. He didn't tell her to be his admirer and screw with his mate. He didn't do anything even remotely horrible like that but why did I feel so betrayed by him?

My tears stung as the same scene repeated in my head. Slowly, the scene began to morph differently until all I could see was the two looking happy together, like they were in love.

I shook away the thought but they came running back. Soon, I was vigorously shaking my head, nails digging into my scalp. It hurt, so much. I didn't know why I was torturing myself so much. So, I willed it to stop.

I remembered all the hateful things I conjured up skillfully in the short period I was with Alexa. I remembered the sweet memories with Sebastian, even when we were on a rough road. They merged into one again, creating a not so happy image for myself. 

'Why do you do this to yourself, Rosa?' I muttered, pulling on my hair until I felt like my scalp was splitting in two. Then, I let go and fall asleep, tears staining my cheeks and hair scattered all over my head. I didn't care.

*~*

Luckily, nobody had dared to enter my room. Perhaps it was the arrival of Alexa or maybe the scent of my despair. I felt no hope of living happily again. I was too dramatic for my own sake but perhaps I wasn't at the same time.

'God, you're a mess, Rosa.' 

Without a word, I stand up and head to my bathroom, cringing at the grotesque appearance. My brunette hair was fizzed and my makeup was smudged. My nails were peeled and my lip bled. I looked downright hideous. 

Willing myself not to cuss, I grabbed my comb and began to brush out the fizz, somehow managing to tame it again. With the magical help of water, I washed off all the makeup, tears and blood. Other than my bloodshot eyes, I looked relatively normal. 

The smell of roast lamb shifted into the room and I instantly knew that it was time for dinner. Great. Would Alexa sit next to him? Would I have to sit somewhere else? 

Thoughtlessly, I grabbed my makeup and re-applied them, hazed in thought. When I was done, I smoothed the wrinkles in my clothes and headed down, bracing myself for whatever unfortunate circumstance there would be.

*~*

Dinner smelt absolutely pleasant and I could feel my spirits lift. Maybe food could fill the void in myself. 

Sarah, Kristin, Daniel, Sage and Sebastian set at our table, a vacant seat next to Sebastian and another in between Kristin and Daniel. I sighed in relief as the blonde bombshell was nowhere to be seen. With a smile,  I placed a smile on my face and sat down, letting Sebastian kiss my cheek. It almost felt like before Alexa appeared.

Speak of the devil, she sauntered into the place and took her seat right across Sebastian. Besides me, Sarah muttered in annoyance and stabbed her knife through the lamb as if demonstrating the ritual she would perform.

'Hello, everyone!' She beamed, a whole different persona from before. Everyone other than Daniel and Sebastian knew of her true nature and didn't bother to acknowledge her. Daniel, however, took notice from his mate's look and didn't finish his greeting.