Chapter 10

I used to think that Sean O'Pry was hot but now, I'm not so sure. Anyway, Sebastian Anderson since he is making a change in himself this chapter!

SAGE

I sit with Nathaniel - or Nathan as he requested I call him - and watch the match on TV. It was getting very competitive between the teams and we were both hyped up from the tension.

'GO, GO, KICK THE GOAL!' We both shout at the TV, groaning when the player misses. This process has gone on for the last 15 minutes and it was exhausting.

As the half time rings, Nathan excuses himself to the kitchen where his wife stands with a smile. I sit alone and try to remember what time we came here. Around 4pm, I believe?

Glancing at the clock, I shoot up. Shit! We've been here for nearly 2 hours! By the time we get back, Sebastian would have my head. God, what did I do to deserve a half-brother like him?

Just as I stand up to go search for Belle, she runs in with tear streaked face. She immediately sees me and crashes into my chest, sobbing her eyes out. Worrying, I pat her back as I try to soothe her.

'Shh, little Belle, it's ok.' I mumble as her grip on my shirt tightens.

'Take me back, Sage. I need Sebastian now.'

Nodding, I wrap an arm around her shoulder and walk to the kitchen. Her parents panic at the sight of their daughter but let us go, making us promise to come back. I felt that little Belle was a bit reluctant but I didn't say anything.

When we got into the car, she started to cry harder, her fingers continuing to linger on her rosy lips. They looked more brighter than before. Almost as if... someone had kissed her.

'Belle, what happened? Don't lie to me because I'll know.' I tell her, being as stern as I can. She softens her sobs and hiccups.

'M-M-Mason k-kissed me.'

I slam down on the brakes and pull over. Her face looks shocked but I displayed more shock than her.

'WHAT?'

Oh man, Sebastian was going to have mine and the stupid Alpha's head. Why did he have to be so stupid!

Bursting into hot tears again, Belle blurts out the whole story. I give her occasional pats or rubs, attempting to calm her. She was freaking out about the way Sebastian would react to Mason's scent.

'What if he thinks I kissed him? What if he calls me a slut again? God, I am being a slut!'

Sighing, I undo my seatbelt and lean to her side, embracing her shaking figure in my arms. She relaxed and began to calm, causing silence to rule over us. She was completely serene and silent on the outside by the time I started driving again and I internally sigh in relief. Now, the only problem was my brother.

*~*

When we arrived home, Rosabelle immediately locked herself up in her room. I wanted to try and talk to her but I could hear the shower running and I guessed she was trying in vain to soften the smell of his scent.

Sighing, I trudge to my room and throw myself on to the bed. Belle seemed to be so upset. She sounded as if she believed it was her fault. She wasn't but she was manipulated into thinking that way because of her too-kind soul. Only if she could be protected.

'Sage?'

I perked up and internally growned, trying to fake a lazy smile. The last person I wished to see right now was by my door.

'Where is she?' Sebastian asked, leaning against the door frame. He looked relaxed but if you dug in deeper, you could see that he was agitated.

'Why? She's sleeping.' I lie, not thinking before I talked. I just prayed that she was trying to sleep it off. It has been an exhausting day for her.