Chapter 6

Lucas Till as Mason Lennon. I honestly don't really find him attractive but he's ok, I guess.

ROSABELLE

All day, my smile remained plastered on my face. It was almost as if it was permanently painted on. Now and then, Sarah would give me worried glances while I smiled like a fool all day.

'Are you sure you're ok, Rosa?' Sarah asked uncertainly for the 15th time.

'Yup!' I answered cheerfully, startling Sarah. She seemed even more concerned by my response and began to check my pulse by my wrist.

She listened carefully before turning to me.

'Your heart's beating awfully fast. What happened with my brother?'

If possible, my smile grew even more brighter as my pulse increased. Thinking about what happened gave me huge hopes about what our relationship could be like and all I could think about was all the romantic things we could do.

'U-uh, nothing!' I lied in my high pitched voice. I almost slapped myself. I was fooling no one! I was a terrible liar, that's for sure!

Sarah raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms. Her eyes told me that she didn't buy it for a second. I sighed.

'My room, though. I don't want anyone else overhearing.' I said, grabbing her arm and leading her upstairs. I locked the door quickly and threw myself at the bed with another sigh.

Sarah stood in front of me with a look. It was as if she was saying you better tell me or I will butcher you in your sleep look. The Andersons possessed this bewitching skill of looking like a calm murderer.

'So? Tell me what happened.'

I felt a smile coming up again as I recounted the event. God, Rosabelle, tell the story and get over it, the pessimistic side of me shouted. Hey, how long has it been, Jess? How's the family?

While I was having a conversation with my internal voices, Sarah watched me like an hawk. Suddenly, she clicked her fingers and grinned.

'You guys kissed didn't you?!' She exclaimed, dancing around the room. 'The ship is sailing! I'm getting a sister in law!'

I laughed heartily. Sure we didn't kiss yet but I wanted to give her this moment of happiness before I broke the actual news.

'Sarah?'

She turned to me with a million watt smile. I smiled softly and twirled my hair.

'We didn't kiss.' Her face fell. 'But he did kiss my hand and said some stuff in italian which I sincerely hope wasn't criticism.'

Sarah squealed in delight and lifted me up with her. She held my hand tightly as she forced us to dance in circles. I couldn't help laugh at her giddiness. It was like being with Mason again but a girly version of him. It was nice, although it would have been nicer with him.

Noticing my sudden longing, she stopped and watched me carefully.

'Are you ok, Rosa? Did I do something wrong?'

I smiled sweetly.

'No, it's just... I miss my best friend back home.' I answered, sitting down again on the bed with Sarah doing the same besides me.

'Well she must have been an amazing friend. Tell me all about her!' She exclaimed, referring Mason as a she. I snickered internally. Oh how much fun I would have teasing Mason in the future with this.

'It's a he, actually. He and I were best friends since birth and we are inseparable. Well, were inseparable.'

Her face drops suddenly. I could feel her cautious approach coming.