Let's Just Give It Time- Chapter 13

For about half of the day I’ve been freaking out, knowing that I’m about to meet Vic’s whole family is a little scary. Even though they don’t know that we’re dating I still feel like I have to make a very good impression because one day they might so that means I need them to like me now. Walking up to the door I took a deep breath trying to compose myself. I tightened my grip on the roses I had in my hand for Vic’s mom. My mom said that anytime someone invites you to come over for a meal you should always bring something and since I don’t really know how to cook I just thought flowers would be the next best thing. I rang the doorbell causing my heart to flutter out of nervousness. Vic opened the door and there was another guy standing behind him.

“Hey.” I said awkwardly.

“Hey.” Vic said stepping aside to let me in.

“Who are the roses for?” The guy who was standing behind him asked.

“Uh.. Vic’s mom” I said.

“Cool.” The boy grabbed the roses out my hand then walked away. “Mom, he brought you roses.” He said loudly, so I guess that’s Vic’s brother.

“Where are my roses?” Vic asked.

“Oh uh… I didn’t know you would want me to bring you any, sorry.” I said getting even more nervous. I just wanted tonight to go perfectly.

“I’m joking, that would’ve been weird.” He grabbed my hand and squeezed it a little. “So how are you feeling?” he asked.

“Pretty good.” I said exhaling deeply before I replied.

“Alright, just remember they don’t know you’re my boyfriend so just relax and everything will be okay.” He said putting his hands on my shoulders and looking me in the eyes, trying to calm me down.

“Okay.” I nodded trying to shake the nerves.

“Good.” He leaned in and quickly pecked my lips. “Let’s go.” We walked into the kitchen and his mother was getting everything situated at the table.

“Thank you for the roses Kellin. It was very sweet of you.” She smiled. I sat down next to Vic and across from his brother.

“It’s nice to see you again Kellin.” Vic’s father said.

“Nice to see you too.” I smiled.

“I’m Mike.” Vic’s brother said.

“Kellin.” I replied. Once everyone was seated we began eating and they all began talking about what they’ve been up to lately. I just sat there listening and eating my food. It was kind of awkward because my family doesn’t really have family meals together anymore unless it a special occasion but for them this seemed like an every night thing.

“So Kellin, Vic told us you’re starting freshman year this coming up year, Mike is also starting his freshman year.” Vic’s dad said, trying to bring me into the conversation.

“Maybe we’ll have some classes together.” Mike smiled at me.

“Yeah, that would be cool.” I smiled back.

“So how’d you guys exactly meet if you’re just about to be a freshman?” Mike asked.

“We work together.” I replied.

“Since when? He’s been working there since last year, I’ve never seen you.” Mike said interested. I guess this was his way of getting to know me.

“I just started at the beginning of summer, like 6 or 7 weeks ago.” I picked up my glass and drunk a little of my water.

“I want to work there.” Mike said.