Chapter Fifteen : Meeting Adrian.

Gemma's Pov :

No words were exchanged , Nothing but the stream below the cliff we were on could be heard , The soothing sounds it made made me feel more relaxed and more happy , Not more happy than jack made me feel though , Holding me in his tight embrace for the past half hour made me over the moon , Not literally but close enough.

After blubbering for almost an hour i was pretty shocked Ria didn't come to find us , After all she was A little on the edge , I'm surprised she didn't think we had been taken or something , Or just maybe she understands my situation , After all she did seem a little shocked at my temper towards JJ , Who I'm still angry at .

Still tightly hugging each other Jack gently rubbed his hand up and down my back causing my eyes to flutter to a close , Why cant it always be like this ? why cant it be like this back home ? Together in the silence , Never apart .

"Are you feeling any better?" Jacks soft words chilled me as he whispered in my ear , I didn't want to move so instead i hugged him tighter and give him a lazy "hmhmm"

"Good" Is all he said before resting his cheek back onto my forehead .

"I really am sorry you know" I appologised for 50Th time .

"I know" He again whispers.

"I don't want to go back but i really think we should you know" I say tapping my fingers against his arm following the beat of his heart.

"We really should" He answers but none of us move an inch , It was so perfect .

"You know , We shoul.." He pauses . His body tenses up And his grip becomes firm.

"Should what" i ask Ignoring his sudden jolt.

"Shh"

"what is it" I open my eyes and look up to his face , His gaze is set in one direction , Eyes not moving , his pupils grew wide as he slowly started to stand up , Me still in his grip .

"Jack" I whisper " Your scaring me"

"Don't , Don't be scared OK , Just follow me and when i tell you to run , You run , OK ? Straight for Ria and JJ , Don't look back OK ?"

I started to stammer and my whole body began to shake.

"This better not be a joke jack i swea..." I was cut off and my body froze at the words.

"Please don't run" A strangers voice called out , Who the hell , I was now aware jack had spotted someone .

"Stay away OK " Jack paused for a few seconds and continued to walk backwards towards the corn " I wont let you hurt her you got that?"

"I wont hurt you" The strange guy says .

"Put the knife down and i may believe that " Knife ? This automatically brought my attention to the strange guy , I swung my body around and met his gaze , His eyes were dark and his hair was a scruffy sandy brown colour ,Certainly hadn't been brushed in a long time , His clothes were all torn and tattered and i quickly realised he wasn't a person to be afraid but yet my body still continued to shake .

"Ok he says , I'm putting it down now OK , Please , We don't have time , I cannot be seen here" What was he talking about , who would see him here , Why was he here if he didn't want to be.

"what do you want ?" Jack asks ,Still continuing to walk backwards , Pulling me along with him.

"I just want to talk OK ?" The guy holds out his hand and gently places his knife on the ground , He holds his hands up in the air and backs away .

"See , i have no weapon , Please , Don't be afraid ." He carries on walking around the knife until it is behind him out of his reach .

I begin to notice the direction he came from , He must have climbed up the cliff , there is no other possible way he could have come from .

"Did , Did you come from down there" I ask pointing to the edge .

"I sure did" He says a small smile on his lips.

My only reply , "Why ? "

"Simple , There was no other way i could get to you without been seen" He shrugs his shoulders as if it was a perfectly normal thing to do . Although i can see why jack was so shocked, Imagine staring at the view and a creepy guy suddenly appears from over the cliff edge , I sure would be freaked out , hell i am freaked out.

"Don't come any closer" Jack suddenly burst out in anger , "Your getting too close, Stop" he orders .

"Jack " I whisper using only one side of my mouth"

"Gemma , get behind me ok ?" I didn't want to miss the action , I was intrigued but i still couldn't get over how sweet it was for jack to be over protective all of sudden.
I follow his orders anyway and shuffle myself behind him.

"Please , I just need to talk , You are in danger , Both of you , You need to come with me"

"What , hell no , what makes you think we are going to go any were with you , We don't even know you" Jack did have a point , were weren't even certain that we were safe as it is never mind trailing off with some stranger .

"Please " He begged holding out both hand in front of him , " The girl you are with , She is not what you seem , She's not the person she has lead you to believe , please come with me now"

"Ria has been nothing but kind to us" I say poking my head from behind jacks back." She wouldn't hurt us she would have done it by now." I confirm.

"Ria is not the problem" He shakes his head "Please , Come with me now"

"JJ?" He shakes his head , " now please , Ill explain when we are far enough away , Please"

"Adrian?" His head shoots in my direction and he squints his eyes , i also feel jack gazing down At me , The first time he had dropped his gaze in the past 5 minutes .

"SO she has told you about me , God it seems such a long time since i heard my name been called " He sits down on the rock me and jack were cuddling on not too long ago , He raises his hands and places them on his forehead.

"Such a long time" He repeats over and over . Jack is still silent swapping his sight back and forth from me and I'm guessing Adrian .

"She didn't personally talk about you , but JJ said it was her fault , I . I " I didn't know how to say the words , how do i tell someone i thought they were dead when i don't even know the person I'm saying it to , But as it turns out i didn't need to say it .

"Though i was dead ? " He raises his eyebrows.

"Exactly" I state .

"She would like that , JJ , She would love that , Shes evil , and i thought she was my friend ," he Continues to shake his head and rub his temples violently , I could tell he was trying to wash away his memories.

"I"
"Just , Stop OK" he shouts , "I don't have time to talk about it here , Ive been Watching you for the past couple of days and when i saw JJ I just knew you couldn't stay here now please come with me"

Me nor jack didn't have time to answer as were all interrupted by the corn rustling behind us .

"Please "he begs "Sleep with one eye open OK" He then quickly stood and ran to the edge of the cliff , spun around his head and looked directly at me , Then jack , Then me again ,

"Ill be back OK ?" I nodded trying to figure out everything that has happened in the past two seconds , It all happened so fast , He was leaving , because someone was coming ,Ria ? JJ ? i turned towards the corn and could vaguely see a figure emerging , I turned back to Adrian to find him gone.

"Where did?" Jack mumbled .

I shrugged my shoulders.

"He'll be back" I said gripping Jacks arm an turning to the corn where JJ was stood , My anger suddenly grew towards her but not because of the argument , But because of Adrian , And i didn't know why .

"Gemma" JJ said in the nicest voice possible ." I'm sorry , I , I just don't like any one knowing my business OK ?" She said and held out her arms asking me for a hug, "Friends?" She smiles .

"Not on your Nelly JJ , Drop the act" I point at her face as i pull jack passed , "Say out of my face" I point too fingers at my eyes and then point them in her direction , "I'm watching you"

I turn on my heels and drag jack back towards the circus grounds were hopefully Ria is waiting, Adrian still being on my mind.

I wonder what happened to him?