A Day at the Beach

The next morning Irene woke to the sound of activity downstairs. She quickly got dressed and headed down to investigate where she found her grandfather, grandmother, Bobby, Ethel, Joan, Teddy, and all of the children. "Good morning, everyone!" Irene smiled.
"Good morning, Irene," Tom said coming over to her.
"How'd you sleep?"
"Wonderfully. And you?"
"Like a baby."
       "You look beautiful."
       Irene grinned as Tom put his arm around her waist. Then Bobby's daughter, Kerry, began to cry. "Aw, let me see her," Irene smiled as Kerry got passed into her arms, "Hi, there. Why are you crying? Don't cry."
       Kerry stopped crying as Irene bounced her on her hip. "Irene, I want to go out on the beach," Kathleen said climbing onto Tom's lap.
      "Well, let's ask your mom and dad and let's go."
      Kathleen and her siblings ran to ask their parents to go out on the beach for the morning and after they agreed, all of them went for a walk. Caroline and Courtney were carried by Tom while Irene carried Kerry and held Michael's hand. The other four kids held hands and walked in front of Tom and Irene.
"We look like a little family," Tom commented.
"Yes, we do," Irene said blushing.
"I love you."
"I love you too, Tom."
"What do you think?" Tom asked setting down Caroline and Courtney, "Why don't we park ourselves here?"
"I think it's perfect. We can sit right here and watch you guys play!" Irene exclaimed.
They set up the beach blanket and the umbrella. 'Alright, guys, stay around here, please."
    The older kids went to splash around in the water while the younger kids built sandcastles. Irene's hair blew in the wind as she helped Caroline, Courtney, and Michael build a sandcastle. "Tom, how's Kerry?"
    "She's good. She's trying to find a way to put sand in her mouth without me realizing it," he laughed trying to distract her from all of the sand. When lunchtime came around, Tom walked back to the house to get a picnic basket while Irene watched the eight kids. "Hey, guys!" she called, "Tom's bringing lunch. Let's take a break."
    All of the kids gathered under the umbrella and Tom brought back a basket full of sandwiches and fruit. "Hi, who wants some lunch?"
    "Me!" many of the kids shrieked.
    They all ate lunch and then went back to the house.
    "I had a good time today," Tom said as he and Irene cooked dinner for Jack, Jackie, and themselves.
    "I did too."
    "You're amazing with kids."
    "Not at amazing as you."