Chapter 8

I talk to Camden today because I think all children deserve two parents.
"Hey! Camden! Wait up!" I say trying to run after him with my giant ass stomach.
"What do you want, Atalize?" Camden whispers. He obviously doesn't want to talk to me.
"Camden, will you meet me after school. I bet you don't want to talk to the pregnant girl at school. Soo..," I beg.
"Yeah, whatever, I will," he mutters ,"just go. I don't want to be seen with you." I smile and walk off. Kind of skipping like a todler. Point is, I look ridiculous.
After school Camden picked me up from my house and we went to Olive Garden. I felt kind of bad he was paying because I am eating for two. I tipped the waitress but he payed a lot more than the fifteen dollars I payed the waitress.
"So what did you want to talk about?"Camden asks.
"It's about the baby," I sigh," before you say anything I know you don't want to be a dad, but really, biologically, you are. Plus, I think this kid needs two parents." I wait for him to respond while he is chewing his food.
"Atalize, I agree, the child should have two parents. But I don't want to be the second parent. I don't know how to take care of a baby. I've never even babysat a kid before. I'm the youngest in my family. I can't promise you I'll be a father. I can say that now but it will be different when the baby comes out," he explains. I feel like crying because this really isn't working but I'm also not mad at him. We made a mistake seven months ago and we still don't know what's going to happen.
"I want to tell you I am actually happy to have a baby. It will hurt to give birth but she'll be worth it. I know you will love her too. I know you can be a great father to this little girl, Camden," I say while rubbing my stomach.
"It's a girl?" He asks. I smile.
"It's a healthy little baby girl," I grin. We hug and I cry a little bit. More than I would've if I wasn't pregnant. This little girl makes me so emotinal.
"I'll try my best to be a good father," Camden promises.
"While you drive me home do you want to try and come up with names for her?" I ask.
"Yeah," he agreed,"that would be nice."
We threw out names in the car but neither of us liked the names the other suggested. He thought Peyton, Caroline, Taylor, Amber, Sarah, and some other names but I wanted more unique names. So I suggested Camille, Cambri, Brilyn, Zyfilia, and some other weird names that I liked. He thought they sounded to weird so we still don't have a name for her and her due date us in two months. It's weird to think I've carried her for seven months but never touched her, I love her so much but I've never seen her, and that she's mine. She's my little baby girl.
I look at myself in the mirror after my shower. I feel weird because I'm naked but I want to see myself. I look so much happier with this belly. In cheer I always had to watch my weight and what I ate and I always called myself fat. Now I know I'm fat and I actually think it's cute. Like how can fat be cute? I honestly have no clue but I feel cute. I've never felt mentally better in my life and I've never felt physically worse in my life.
Camden has been around lately but no one knows that this little girl is actually his. We still can't agree on a name for her but I am just happy to have her.