Chapter 18

I wake up and go to Hensley's room. All of her toys are still in here because I can't have myself get rid of them. I don't see her everywhere anymore bit I sure think of her often.
I knew this day was coming but I was still not prepared to handle it. Hensley's first birthday would be today. I slide down the wall and scream.
"NO! NO, NO, NO! HENSLEY! WHY? WHY WOULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME? I SHOULD HAVE A DAUGHTER! HENSLEY! HENSLEY!" I scream and cry. I throw anything I can find near. I throw the night light that would've been hers. I throw some teady bears at the wall. I throw the baby book we where going to put together. I skipped school and so did Camden. I thought he didn't know Hensley's birthday but he was actually screaming and crying in his room and then came to join me. I love how he wouldn't leave me lonely.
I sit on the floor and he cradles me as I hold onto a teddy bear with a pink bow on its ear. I cry and he sniffles as he whispers in my ear. I know he wants to be strong for me which makes me cry even harder.
I start imagining the birthday party I would've thrown her. What would she even have liked? Would I have done some TV show she liked or a cute pattern or something? I imagine her first steps and words. But what would really be her first word? Mama like lots of kids? I don't know and I never will know.