Chapter 24

I sit rubbing my belly on Hensley's second birthday. She should be two years old but she's not and will never grow up. It was January 17th, 2014 she was born and when she died. I cry so hard because I really want to see her grow up. And because I'm nervous if I'll get to see Haesley grow up. Haesley's due date is coming so soon and I'm not prepared. I'm a week away from when she should be born. I named Haesley after Hensley but I'll never know if they're similar sisters. Ever. I'll never know Hensley like I want to. And I'm so scared to have little Haesley Hensley Elivia Johnson.
I have horrible pains that I can't describe but I know they're contractions. This is my first time having them because I didn't have contractions with Hensley. I gasp fuck a couple of times and then call Camden.
"Camden," I moan," come pick me up at my house and bring me to the hospital. I think I'm in labor." And then I hang up because I don't want to hear all of Camden's questions.
He shows up and we go. A doctor takes me into a room and I get up in the bed as she puts the whatever thing it's called on my feet. I want to push already but I'm only dilated to a seven. Camden calls mine and his parents to come and soon enough they come asking all the stupid questions that piss me off.
I get an epidermal and it fucking hurt. Actually, I don't know if it hurt. I'm just terrified of needles so I probably acted like it hurt. But now I feel fine. Even great. I feel no pain.
Eventually, I'm ready to push. Camden's mom is recording, which I find really weird. My mom and Camden are holding my hands and my dad is just up by my head running his fingers through my hair.
After long work I see Haesley Hensley Elivia Johnson cone out, and she looks nothing like Hensley. Haesley has black hair and blue eyes. She's still gorgeous just like Hensley but different. Kind of an opposite but I get the same feeling with her. They take Haesley out to wash her and I just have to wait here. Waiting, hoping, she comes back. That she survives.