Chapter 3: The Day Of

Valerie's POV

I'm currently in my room wearing something that I would never wear, to school, and there's a party tonight, that I'm going to also.

Oscar said that I should dress a little 'cuter' since its Friday and there's a party. So now in a coca cola crop top, some high waisted acid washed shorts with my red converse. I like how I dress. Not something I would wear usually to school though and not comfy with people staring at me either. It's okay though.

Don't lie, you are so not comfortable right now, my brain says.

Oscar also said to wait and he'll pick me up today which I'm okay with.

I hear a honk and decide to grab a beige cardigan and through it on. I go to get my phone and my bag. Then I run outside and pass by Jace.

"If you didn't have that cardigan I would have called you a slut. But thank you." He screams as I run out. This is not something I normally wear so I'd say I'm going to get a couple of comments and stairs.

I walk out and there's Oscar swallowing the face of the girl he's 'tutoring'. I honestly hope he doesn't get mixed up with the wrong crowd.

I just hop in the back seat not wanting to ruin the moment.

"Oh shit. Sorry you had to see that babe." The red head said as she pulls away.

" Uh.... It's okay. Can we just head to school?" I asked.

"Sur-" Oscar was cut off by his... Girlfriend?

"Levi invited us over. Lets go." The red head said.

"What?" I thought out loud.

"What's wrong not wanting to go?" She asks looking at me in disgust.

"Um. No. I'm heading to school. See you later Oscar." I said and walked out the car. I'm not willing to ditch with a girl like that.

I get to school and see Ms. Dimas having some trouble with some paint and stuff so I go and help.

"Hey Ms. Dimas. Need some help?" I ask.

She turns around and makes eye contact with me.

"Hey Valerie! You look cute today!" She beams.

"Thanks. Help?" I ask again.

"Yeah babe. Get this box and I'll get the paints." She hands me a box with rulers, tapes, paper an stuff like that. She hold on to a couple of buckets of paint.

"You look a little down. What's up?" Did I mention that when something is wrong she always seems to know and help. That why I guess you can say she's my next bestie.

"Um... It's just a friend who's hanging with the wrong crowd. That's all. Just a little worried." I mumble as we walk into class.

"Well, if he wants the wrong crowd then I don't want you joining in. Okay?" She asks as we both set the things down to her desk.

"Okay." I mumble. It's not my character to follow. Never was, never will.

"Alright since it's only you and me right now, mind telling me about the attire?" She asks while raising an eye brow.

"My friend said that I should dress cuter because today's Friday and its a party. So I decided to do so." I said gesturing towards my outfit. It's not that bad. Is it ?

"The same 'friend' you're worried about?" She asked putting air quotations on the word friend.

"Yeah." I said as I led out a breath.

"Well, alright then. How's boxing going?" She asks.

"I haven't gone in a while. I miss it a lot though. It's been five days. I really want to to more MMA though." I said while running my fingers through my hair and smiling.

"Then you should. I mean Jace would love to go knowing him." Ms. Dimas met Jace my first year here and now there good acquaintances.

"Yeah. He wanted to go a couple days back but I thought I was busy." I shrugged.

"Thought?" She questioned.

"Yeah. My 'friend' dissed me for what I thought was a girl he was tutoring but this morning I saw then swallowing each others faces. And then we were supposed to head to school but the girls all like 'Levi invited us over.' And I'm just like well I'm going to school see you later then." It just felt good to tell someone sometimes.

"Okay your 'friend' shouldn't even have the privilege of being called your friend. He sounds like a dick who is just being a follow. And trust me flowers always come running back to the original leader." She smirks.

"I hope so." I say while letting out a breath.

The bell rings and in come all the kids. Including Nicole and Jason. Not together but never the less inside the class.

"Alright today were going to..." I drift off thinking about Oscar.

"You look cute today." Said the husky figure next to me. Jason.

"Thanks." I whisper. I don't like to be bothered in deep thought. It's the one thing that bugs me the most to be honest.

"So what's with the sudden change on fashion?" He asks as I turn around and see him literally drooling over my legs. Men.

"Do you honestly care?" I ask looking at him.

"Um... Yes?" He said it more of a question looking a little taken back by my snappy ness.

"No, you don't. Just pay attention or something." I said resting my head on my hand.

"I rather pay attention to you." I saw him smirk at the corner of my eye.

"I rather you not." I glare back. My lips in a thin line.

"Those nice lips of yours should be smiling." He smirks.

Before I knew it the bell had rung and everyone come poring out. Me being one of the last people out of the class.

"Valerie. Come by after school baby girl. I think it's time we talk." Ms. Dimas yells. I nod and then head out to hopefully talk to Oscar about his actions.

I walk into second period expecting to see him in his usual seat. But alas he's not there. Just perfect. I did say hopefully.

The day goes by and it's now after school. I make my way to my art room to meat Ms. Dimas.

"You wanted to see me momma?" I get to call her momma when no ones around.

"Yes baby. Take a seat." I do as instructed.

"So.." She begins "Where are you going tonight. I heard that there's a party. Going?" She questions.

"Um.. Yeah. Thats the party i was telling you about." I said.

"With..." She asks while raising her eyebrow.

"My 'friend.'" She lets out a snicker and I raise my eyebrow.

"Don't go."

"What?" I ask.

"Don't go. He's ganna ditch you and a lot of party's are getting rated around here baby. I don't want you to have a record." She said.

"I'll see momma. I have to go now." I get up and walk over to the door.

"Okay baby. Be safe." She smiles and I walk out yelling 'always am.'

__________________________

So like it. No. Okay /-\.

COMMENT

VOTE

AND SHARE

Thanks for reading :)