6.

I felt like all the air was sucked out, I honestly didn't know how to answer her question and I felt like I was being put on the spot. But I was smarter then to sit at a table full of people who didn't really enjoy my company.

" Um I- I have t-to go t-t-to the li-library" I said with my voice shaking with each word.
I hated looking weak in front of a lot of people and with my stuttering I'm pretty sure I came off weak and scared.

" But don't you have all the books you need for class?" Ashley replied with a frown on her forehead.

" No um th-this is for my En-English class"

"Oh, well..but come back after you find your book"

" Okay"

I knew for a fact that if I came back then I would be humiliated so I just walked as fast as my feet could carry me.

I ended up spending the rest of my lunch hour in the library because that was the only place that I felt most content.

I could barely hear my labored breathing while walking through the huge crowd in the hallways. I hated walking through the hallways and one of the main reasons was because of the people whispering, staring, and judging. It was just something that I didn't find enjoyable and I mean honestly who would.

I pushed the big double doors open and I instantly felt relief because of the warm chilly air that was suddenly wrapped around my body.

The walk home was as boring as usual but I could still feel the lingering pain that I always found myself pushing away but this time the pain wasn't because of the accident, no this hurt feeling was because of the fact that Chris was probably with Ashley laughing at her dumb yet funny jokes.

I can still remember the way her green eyes would light up when she talked about Chris and it made me feel all the more guilty for liking Chris in the first place even though I had not pursued him.

I got out the keys to open the front door and as soon as I stepped in I heard a voice yelling from the kitchen. I carefully took off my shoes and quietly walked walked to the kitchen area.

Elizabeth stilled had on her work attire which consisted of a gray pencil skirt, a white blouse, with a pair of 7 in stilettos heels. Elizabeth was a very beautiful women if you asked anyone, she had very long brown hair that she usually ties up in a high ponytail, her face was always covered up in light makeup, and she always made sure to wear jewelry and today she was wearing some diamonds earnings that she paired off with a diamond bracelet.

" Yvonne....how've you been?"  Liza said pulling me from my thoughts

"I've um been fine, how about you?"

" I've been well also. I came back from my trip because I got a call from some of the other lawyers saying that there was a case that needed my attention" She said with a small smile on her face.

" Oh.."

It made me sad that Elizabeth only came back for the Law Firm and not also for me but I couldn't have those thoughts considering Elizabeth had saved me from the orphanage so who was I to complain.

" ...but I also wanted to spend some more time with you. I know that I haven't be the best guardian since half of the time I'm not here but I'm trying to change that." Elizabeth replied with a sincere look that made me feel guilty for being such a burden.

" You don't have to take time out of your job just to hang out with me" I said with a forced chuckle.

" No, I signed up for this and I should do my part of the deal. I never meant to make you feel so lonely, I've just now realized how lonely you have been and adopting you from the orphanage didn't make a difference because your still alone and I'm so very sorry for that."

" I don't know what to say...I guess I never put much thought into it"

" ...and that's not a good thing, kids should never be left alone to fend for themselves" Elizabeth said as she walked over to my side of the kitchen and pulled me into a hug.

As I slowly wrapped my small hands around her torso I couldn't help but think of all the times that I had yearned for a hug but couldn't get one and as I was engulfed in her scent I felt safe and secure.