18.

I woke up in the middle of the night at exactly 2:30 to the sound of my phone ringing. I turned to the side to see Chris's name light up on my screen.

" Hey angle face, wassup? " Said what I assumed to be Chris's voice.

" Chris, are you okay? " I responded, my voice raspy because I just woke up.

" Yeasshhhh....but ummm.... I have something to tell yoooouuuu " He hiccuped, slurring his words.

I just now realized that Chris was drunk, probably more then he had intended.

"Where are you?" I asked rubbing my eyes now that I was fully awake and knowing there was no way I was going back to sleep.

Still slurring his words he replied with " I....umm...I am outsiiide plaaaying with my friends ".

" Do you need me to come and get you? " I asked stepping out of my bed.

" I..um.. " before Chris could continue with his sentence I heard a scream that I'm pretty sure came from him.

Without even thinking I pulled a jacket and some sweatpants from my closet, I quickly pushed my legs inside the soft sweatpants material and ran down the stairs of my house.

Before I could even put on my shoes I heard a sound coming from the phone that I reliazed I was still holding in my hand.

" Hello..Hello? Chris what happened? " I asked my voice going up an octave.

But the only response I got was the sound of pain coming from Chris's voice; by now I was honestly really worried so I just grabbed the shoes by my side and ran out the door after snatching my car keys.

I rapidly turned in the car and as it came alive so did my memories.

" Open the door Yvonne! "

The fire had now started even though the car had been flipped over for about 10 minutes now.

It was like my body decided to be unresponsive, my mind was in a daze and my eyes weren't even flinching. It was like I was frozen.

The engine was still on and a light melody was playing in the background; somehow in this madness I found calmness from that simple melody.

But my moms voice pulled me back from my daze.

In a weak voice my mom spoke " Yvonne help your sister " .

"Yvonne...it hurts " said a voice next to me.

I turned to my right to see Cara bleeding from her nose with, like mom, tears streaming down her small face.

I felt helpless.

Finally becoming conscious of the fetal situation we were in I started kicking the door open but I was a step too late because the minute I started trying to kick the door open there was an even bigger burst of fire in the back of the car.

" Yvonne! Help me "

" Yvonne! "

" Yvonne? "

" You there? "

Chris's voice brought me back from the horrid memories of my past and I realized that I had been crying as a few teardrops fell on my hand.

I suppressed my tears and cleared my throats before answering to Chris " I-I'm here ".

Chris's response came quick " I'm good but are you okay? You don't sound too good".