Epilogue

I remember the day he was born. The screaming protruding from the bedroom in which we had both arrived was definitely engraved within my mind. I no longer dream of the sound, however, because his mother is my own. She brought us both into this cruel world.

I've come to the conclusion that I am a hard working young man and will have to continue being just that. I now know of my mother and father, who were always very close by, to be the King and Queen; and since my brother has passed, I must take the throne. No longer will I be a servant, or disparaged as such.

As I made my oath to the kingdom at hand, I deep down made the promise for my brother himself. Although he never wished to be King, I knew he was a better fit for such a position. My decisions would be solely based upon what he would have done, and there is definitely plenty to be done.

Now as I sit upon this throne, twisting the simple, silver ring that Clyde had given me around my ring finger, and staring intently off into nothingness, I ponder new possibilities. Now it is my time to make a difference in the lives of our fellow townspeople. The ones who have suffered for all of these years. Perhaps the wish I had made upon the single dandelion in the Evergreen Fields will come true.

Another thought that has come to mind during my dull intermissions was the remembrance of the kingdom when I was but a child. I remember the King demanding us to bow to our future King that night when I was but five years old, and on numerous occasions beyond that for inconsequential purposes; but, there shall be no bowing in my kingdom. It had always been so confusing to me as to why it was such an important event.

Obviously, there were many changes to be made: all of which will take quite a long time. I shall soon marry, eventually procreate, and then bequeath my power onto bright young minds. Hopefully, they will achieve greatly: as I plan to do. It is time to be forgiven for my forbidden days; and although it might be a painful thing to bare, considering my close relationship with the deceased Prince: it will be entirely insignificant, for I know my place all too well, especially at this moment in my life.