Chapter V - Birthday Party!

"Well, everything has its good side. Even when you suffered so much, that's the only way to recover. If you would come to me before, I would say exactly the same thing. Stop taking the sleeping pills and face your nightmares. When they see that you're so strong, they'll give up." Doctor Vincent said.

"OK then. So, I should never take sleeping pills anymore?" 

"Exactly. As I know, the only people who know about it are your mom and I. Try to tell someone. It'd make you feel better." 

"OK!" I sighed. "I'll try."

When I opened the door, my mom stood up immediately. "Sweetie, is everything OK?" 

I was experiencing a mix of emotions. I didn't know if I should be happy because he said that I'm better than last time and I'm recovering, or to be sad because I have to deal with those fucking stuff for my whole life.

"Yes. Everything's OK." 

Through the way home I didn't say a single word. My mom was worried. "Honey, what's wrong?" She asked me.

"No..No..Nothing!" I stuttered. 

As we got into the house, I went straight to my room and locked the door. I sat down and started crying and crying. 

"Taylor? What did the doctor say? What's happening?" My mom said knocking on the door.

I couldn't even answer. I don't know what's happening to me! I don't know how to face all these nights watching those fucking things every single night. Sleeping pills were the only thing that made me forget the rest of these things. 

My mom's not guilty for this. She mustn't suffer for my fault. I opened the door and jumped to my mom's arms hugging her. No one could stop my tears.

"Calm down, sweetie. Now, tell me. Did the doctor say anything bad?" 

"No. Instead, I'm better than I was. I'm recovering. But, he said something awful. He said that I have to deal with those terrific nights with nightmares." I replied crying. 

"Oh. Don't worry, sweetheart. I'll sleep here." 

"Thanks mom. I think I'm really recovering. Now, I don't have two or more nightmares for a night. I have just one." I said as I wiped my tears trying to smile. 

"Of course, you won't suffer for all your life. Gradually, you'll get over it." She comforted me.

"Let's have dinner, sweetie. " My mom said with a small smile but she saw that it wasn't making me happy.

.-.5 HOURS LATER.-.

Oh my Gosh, it's almost midnight and I'm afraid to sleep down. I'm afraid that I'll experience the most terrific nightmare than ever.

"Mom, I'm going to sleep now. Good night!" 

"Night, honey!"

Going upstairs was the worst feeling ever. It seems like even the stairs were begging me to don't go upstairs. They knew what was going to happen.

"Come on, sleeping beauty. It's almost noon." I said.

"Noon? Sweetheart, it's just 8 a.m." He replied to me and turned to his side. I guess he was almost sleeping again.

"John, wouldn't you know what's that surprise?" I said as I took away his blanket.

"Brr!! Taylor?" He yelled.

"Wake UP." I yelled back.

He woke up, finally. As we went downstairs and sat on our chairs, my mom brought the pancakes on the table. John jumped from happiness. As we started to eat, someone knocked to the door. It was my dad.