Chapter IX - Who's David (Part 2)

~LUKE'S P.O.V~

"David? Again?!" I whispered loudly.

"Please, Luke. Can we talk outside?!" Mrs. Chloe begged me. 

"No, we can't. I want her to explain me everything here in front of me. I can't stand it anymore!"

"Shut up, Luke. Stand up and come with me. Your jealousy caused all of this, remember?" Mrs. Chloe yelled as she grabbed me and dragged me outside. Overall, she's not guilty. I realized that this fucking jealousy about this devil called 'David' caused all of this. 

"Listen, Luke. I'm sorry for those bad words I said inside, but you let me no choice. It's not your fault about that." Mrs. Chloe said. "Now, that time I have ever been afraid of has came. I have to tell you everything, even that's too hard for me."

"That time? Hard? Everything? David?...." I sighed. I didn't even have a clue what was going on! I took deep breaths for a while, and calmly asked her. "Mrs. Chloe, can you tell me, please, what is going on?"

"Well, Taylor is hiding a secret for 6 years. She's been suffering for all this time, I don't know if you could notice that. Have you ever noticed that it has been really hard for her to kiss you?"

"Yes. I never knew why, but I noticed that!" 

"Yeah. You have heard her mentioning someone named 'David'. And you were too jealous, of course. It's not easy for you to hear your girlfriend calling someone else's name. Generally, it means that she didn't forget him. Well, David was her boyfriend on their junior year on high school. On her sixteenth birthday, when they left from the party, they went to his house allegedly to watch a movie. When the movie started, gradually, he started touching her. She warned him, but he didn't want to listen."

I was shocked. Everything in front of me became black. 

"He stole her everything. There was no happiness in her life anymore. Then, to avoid him, his threats and trying to have a better life, we moved here, in London. Luke, you are my only hope. I know that in any case, you won't let her alone." 

I didn't know how, and I didn't know why, but my heart decided before my brain. I won't let her alone, of course. After all that time, I was the only person that she trusted and decided to be with me, not caring if she'd get hurt again. She loved me with no doubt. I'll be with her. I don't care about her past. I don't care if a psychopath tried to destroy her life. If it's destroyed, I'll make a new one. We'll make a new one, together.

"Of course, ma'am. I'll be with her 'till my last breath. I won't let her alone." I said as I hugged her.

I got inside the Taylor's room but she was asleep. I leaned in to kiss her, but she immediately woke up. I don't know if she was really sleeping or if she was just faking it, but I don't care. I sat, grabbed her hand and kissed it. "You're my only one, honey."

"I don't even know who are you, stranger boy, but I can feel a connection. I don't know why, but I feel like... someone who I love too much is staying right here." She said.

"Look, sweetie. Currently, you can't recognize me. But, your heart knows me really good. I'll help you to remember everything, from our love and your life in this town, until the last lesson Mr. Lewis taught to us!" I tried to comfort her.

"Mr. Lewis? I can remember him. He was the first who welcomed us in university. But, you weren't at his class, I guess." She replied keeping the conversation.

"Yes. They exchanged me with Charles." I said. On that moment, Molly came in.

"Hey sweetie, how are you?! Welcome to this world, again!" Molly greeted her.