Chapter 39

A/N: It's been a while because I've been extremely busy with my personal life and school and my phone being broken. 🙄 So, if you don't remember what's going on, read the chapter summary at the bottom the last few chapters. Just as a quick memory refresher.

Yn's POV

*4 Days Later*

We heard our names get called and my head suddenly started spinning. I walked into the door of the courtroom, looking around it. Everything looked so intimidating and I felt sick to my stomach all of a sudden. I felt Diggy's hand grasp mine and immediately calmed down a little.

Aunt Jamie walked to her stand and I immediately glared at my father, who was on the other side of the room. He gave me a small smirk and turned back toward the judge.

"Asshole" I muttered under my breath as I rolled my eyes and took a seat behind where Aunt Jamie was sitting.

Diggy, Shay, Torion, Reginae, and I took up the front row. I glanced at the jury, feeling a little lightheaded again. The judge showed no emotion on his face, making me even more nervous.

What if he actually sends me and Torion to live with our dad?

If mom was here she would never allow it to happen, but this isn't mom we're talking about. The motives my dad has behind all of this still isn't clear to me. After all this time and after he walked out on us without even  calling, now he wants custody? It just doesn't make sense to me.

He didn't even bother coming to my mom's funeral! At one point, he was the reason she was put in the hospital after a suicide attempt. He cheated on her and caused her so much pain when all she ever did was love him. I mean, that was his wife for so long and I remember at one point he was so in love with her, and he didn't even have the decency to pay his last respects to the woman he'd broken so much.

The judge cleared his throat before speaking up and opening his file. "Alright everybody, what's the case for today?"

"I want custody over my two kids" my dad said and I wanted to gag.

He looked over his glasses at him. "Your two kids?" 'My dad nodded his head. "Well, how was your relationship with their mother before her recent passing?"

My aunt raised her hand slightly after my dad didn't answer. "Can I answer that, Your Honor?"

"Well, someone needs to so go ahead."

"He'd cheated on my sister, also their mother, and walked out on all of them to be with his new family" she answered. "They haven't seen him much since then, he didn't even come to her funeral."

"I had something important to do that day" he said agitatedly. "I was going to come-"

"Really? Because you said you'd never even received an invitation in the first place."

"Liar" I said quietly and I felt Diggy squeeze my hand even more and Torion, who sat on the other side of me, rested his arm behind my back. He pulled me a little closer to him, comforting me.

He knew he'd been caught up in his own lie and began stuttering but the judge cut him off. "That's enough from you" he said before turning back to Aunt Jamie. "How do the kids feel about all this happening?"

My Aunt Jamie took a deep breath and sadly shook her head. "Extremely unhappy, there's already so much that has happened to them in such a short amount of time. They don't wanna stay with him, Your Honor. My parents are dead, and now so is my sister, I'm all they have. " She looked over at him pointed in his direction. "They don't wanna stay with him, Your Honor" she repeated.

He closed the file and turned back to my dad. "What are your motives of suddenly coming back into your kids' lives?"

He took a deep breath before briefly looking back at us. "Regret, maybe? Guilt? I've done so much to them and lost so much time.... I just wanted to make everything up to them." He took a deep breath and continued. "Torion's about to be a grown man, and I haven't been much of an example to him. And Yn..... Man, she's so beautiful. I left that, I left all of that and took all of them for advantage. I'm dying...... I just found out I have cancer and-"

"You're not the victim" my aunt said, shaking her head sadly. "Don't turn this into something about you! You hurt them so bad! They don't even wanna look at you."

"Those are my kids! I don't give a damn about what you say! If I wanna see them, I'll see them!"

"Oder in the court! I've heard enough" the judge spoke up. "You're not to even come near them" he snarled at my dad before he turned to Aunt Jamie again. "I suggest you get a restraining order put against him for your family. Next case!" He said as he slammed his gavel down.
___________________________________
Well, the judge said he didn't want your dad to take you and Torion away, so that's good. He's not going to have custody over you guys! 😊 But, he said he has cancer and is dying, think he's telling the truth? 🤔 The judge suggested Aunt Jamie gets a restraining order, so you guys won't be seeing your dad for a long time. If your Aunt goes through with the restraining order, do you think he's gonna actually listen to it? 😳

So, what'd you think?

Vote 👍🏾, Comment 💬, & Share 📱📲