Do Good Grades Even Matter?

For some reason, nearly all our teachers are giving us surprise tests. In all honesty, these tests aren't actually that difficult. Math was not easy though. I'm pretty sure I skipped at least 5 questions.

The tests were graded today. I saw my grades for English test. An A+! I got a C for math and a B- for chemistry. All
I thought was that I'm smart enough because I've passed them. Though, looking at Rina's straight A's do make me kinda jealous! How studious is she, exactly?!

Breaktime starts and I'm going to the canteen. My mom forgot to pack me my sandwich so I just went to the lunch lady for something to eat. I went to sit with Rina and ask how she got high grades. I hope she doesn't answer "photographic memory".
"Rina! How do you get STRAIGHT A's?"
"I have photographic memory. Everything I read just gets stuck in my head."
Well, crap. I was expecting "no sleep, just study" rather than "photographic memory". Lesson learned, Luna! Don't expect something because it's going to happen! Especially if it's a bad thing!

- A day in school has ended -
I was in the lobby chatting with Rina and Ella when Ame interrupted me.
"Um, can you come to our base tomorrow at dismissal? Our commander's got something to discuss."
"Ok, but next time talk to me in private!"
I continued to chat with my friends.
After 20 minutes I decided to go home. When I reached home, I directly faceplanted my bed.