Guides of the Underworld

A flower. Where would you find a flower?
I might sound stupid. But I went to the nearby florist shop. It seemed reasonable to me.
I saw a blonde-haired girl in the shopfront watering a flower. Then another girl - brown-haired with ponytails -  in the same uniform, greeted me as I walked to the shop.

"Welcome! Is there anything you'd like?"
"Um, no, but may I speak with you? And her as well?"
I pointed to the blonde-haired girl.
"Sure. We can go inside."
We went inside the shop. Inside was decorated with many beautiful flowers, all arranged neatly. They were all bursting with fragrance, too!
"Alright. I'd like to ask you both...If this belongs to you?"
I handed them the red carnation.

"We've been looking for for a very long time! Lily, hope isn't lost after all!"
"Those spirits will be rescued after all....I'm glad."
"Spirits?"
"Forgive us. We are guides in the Underworld guiding restless souls."
"Restless souls are souls of people that didn't die in peace. Their anxious spirit instead roams around, crying for help. It's our solemn duty to guide them back to a more peaceful place."

"It's nice to hear that both of you are there to rescue those souls."
"It's something we're just destined to do."
"What would you think if I said that there are lots more wandering souls out there? I need your help, both of you."
"It's what we have to do, so just lead us to the place. You coming, Lily?"
"Of course!"