Blessing in Disguise

"It's strange...And why are you here?"
"I don't know...I'm just wandering around..."
"You can't just wander around like that! You might get attacked by monsters!"
"But I can kill these monsters."
Alice ran up to the boy.
"Hey. Show me how you'd beat up these monsters."
"Alice! Where'd you get those?!"
"These are training dummies, but just as strong as regular monsters."
That boy eliminated monsters in the blink of an eye...Without touching them..!
I've never seen Alice so shocked before!

"What's your name? Makoto, was it?"
"Hanamura Makoto. It's nice to meet you."
"Alice. Nice meeting you too. Hey, would you like to join our team?"
"What team?"
"We're a team focused on killing monsters and saving this world from harm."
"I've always wanted to help others. Okay then."
"Welcome to the family!"

Yay, a new team member.
"Makoto, what's up with your body....and your face...."
"Oh....I wish I wasn't like this."
Makoto's body was covered in blood red, tattoo-like marks. But those are not injuries. Those are marks.
His face had some marks too.
"You're okay, right?"
"Honestly, I'm not..."
He started tearing up a bit. Looking at him makes me sad.
"These marks are just curse...I don't even know how I got them! It's hard for me to live like this. Everyone questioning me why I have these....I don't know anything..."

"Hey now. It's alright. As your commander, I promise you none of us will make fun of you. In fact, I'll tell you something. You might be cursed. But you're also blessed. You're one of the only people in the world that can defeat monsters and save others. Didn't you say you liked helping people? Isn't this what you've always wanted to do? You know, you're very lucky to have something not everyone has."
"........."