Surprise Chapter!

[A/N: These types of speech are the reader signing, just regular bold is the reader thinking to himself, just so you know]

Slightly O.O.C! Uta x Mute! Ghoul! Male! Reader

(Uta P.O.V)

It looked like this girl just flipped Nishiki off... How could a hot head like that be so calm towards someone flipping him off? But instead of retaliating he nodded and began to make her coffee. She didn't say a thing, so it doesn't really make any sense to me why he'd just go and make her coffee if she just rudely flipped him off and then dismissed him some other hand gestures.

"Kaneki--" I called over Kaneki Ken, the secondary owner to Anteiku, which is where I am drinking coffee.

"Yes?" He asked noticing my coffee still quite full

"Who's that?" I pointed to the girl, who had just flipped Nishiki off.

"Who?" Kaneki looked around

"The girl with (hair color) hair and is wearing (color) jacket with blue jeans."

"Oh, him? That's (Y/n), he's a regular on Fridays"

"He?" My brows raised "The build of the body and the facial features all look like that of a girl"

"Trust me when I say, (Y/n) is a guy." Kaneki chuckled under his breath and headed behind the counter to start making some sandwiches for human customers.

I just looked at (Y/n)... she didn't look like a he but I shouldn't judge, when I'm thinner people usually mistake me for a girl...

"Do u need help hunting again?" Nishiki asked (Y/n) handing him his coffee. (Y/n) then did some motions with his hands making Nishiki 'tsk' "You haven't had meat in a while, everyone can tell" he moved his hands again, but this time in a bit of an angry manner "Calm down, (Y/n)"

"(Y/n)" Kaneki interrupted "We can supply you with some--" (Y/n) flailed his arms and seemed to refuse.

"Kaneki" I motioned again for Kaneki attention, he walked over expecting me to want coffee but when he saw that my cup was still full he replied with

"Yes?" in a less than pleased voice

"What are the motions that he's doing? Why doesn't he just speak?"

"Are you that stupid?" Kaneki looked offended "He's mute"

~

(Male! Reader's P.O.V )

"Before you go" I heard Nishiki's voice call to me "Are you sure you don't need any help hunting?"

I'm fine

"That's what you said earlier but I'm worried"

Be worried about yourself, you need to eat as well.

"Be safe" Ken called

See ya!

My name is (Full name) I'm a (Age) year old male ghoul, who gets mistaken for a female in the right, or wrong, lighting. I am terrible at hunting so my friends at Anteiku, that I've known forever, try to help me out but I don't like making them help me pick out a victim... I'm more or less a solo hunter. It is getting close to that time when I get desperate for meat and just try to consume the closest person without thinking about where I am, but it's not like I can coerce them somewhere.... I'm a mute, not born one I had an infection in my voice box and esophagus at a young age, the doctors only way of saving my life was to take my voice box out and give me a esophagus transplant (which I didn't even know existed). My family wanted a voice box transplant as well but the voice box was too much for my family, so I've been voiceless and careless since elementary.