Prologue_____part two

Sympathy that's all I see in their eyes. I hate what he did to me and I wish I could go back in time but I can't.

After many sessions of therapy and sleeping pills, the nightmares are still there.

He ruined me.

I even lied for his own sake, well his parents sake. I told them that it was a random guy that you know what.....

The nightmares got worse as the days flew by.

I didn't eat or socialise with anyone, instead I stayed in my room.

One day my therapist suggested that we should move to another country because where I live will only bring back memories. So I should just start a new page.

My parents made the decision without even asking me first, there treating me like some fragile vase.

*********

3 weeks later

Out of all places my parents moved to.....New York.

They'd bought a nice two story house and there was also a pool at the back because they knew I wouldn't want to actually go to a public beach.

We were at the dining table eating but somehow I lost my appetite seeing my dad sticking his fork in the meat.....

"May I be excused" I asked pushing away my plate.

"Ok sure" they said not sparing me a second glance. I somehow felt they were thrilled of me away from them with all my negativity.

When I reached my room I could hear my parents chuckling.

Smh (shake my head)

I needed fresh air, although I wasn't allowed to drive I would sneak at nights and borrow their car.

When I was 14 my favourite uncle thought me how to drive, he died 1 year later. He had hypertension

*******

I finally felt free driving on the highway, it was soothing but it was time to head home before they realise I was out.

My life has change immensely over the past month.

I remember all my friends and the good memories.

I was so preoccupied in my thoughts that it was too late to see I've swerved the car in the wrong lane but it was too late and all I saw before everything went black was a red Ferrari.

*******

Everything was white and on my right were two doors and on one stood my uncle.

"Uncle Carter" I screamed and ran to hug him but he suddenly disappeared and appear behind me.

"Hey kiddo, I've missed you but this isn't some sort of reunion......"

Now I was confused

"This is where you choose your fate, Eli..... that door to my left is where your future lay and the door to the right is the door of death..... don't make a decision you'll regret kiddo"

I'm now confused than ever.

If I choose death all my dreams will never come but I wouldn't have to face the harsh reality of my life but on the other hand I'd stay with my uncle.

Deep within I know what I would choose.... but I was afraid. What does the future hold in store for me?

I couldn't leave my parents and everything behind.

I now knew what I would choose..... I turned around slowly and looked for my uncle but he was no where in sight.

"Goodbye uncle I'll see you again some day."

*******
My eyes slowly it opened and my vision was blurry at first and then it adjusted

The first thing I saw were 3 pairs of curious eyes looking at me.

"Honey take your time, you've been in a coma for approximately 3 months"

What?

"Who are you?" They stepped back with shocked expressions on their faces leaving me even more confused.

Before they could answer a man who appeared to be the doctor spoke

"Just as I suspected, she's suffering from a slight concussion"

I was just as shocked as everyone and then I demanded answers.

"Sweety please calm down and I'll tell you everything". They woman said appearing to snap back into the real world.