Chapter 1_Transfer

Sometimes you have to forget what's gone, appreciate what still remains and look forward to what's coming next.
_________________________________

Life was great. Everyday I still wondered what life was in the past and every time I asked my parents all they'll say is "the past is the past"

Sometimes I get the feeling that there hiding something but I'll find out soon enough.

I was currently sitting in my office staring at the city.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in" the door turned and Chelsea came in my best friend, she was the Secretary at the front desk.

"Hey Scarlett, Mr. Smith said that he needs to speak to you urgently" she said and judging by the tone of her voice she had no clue as to why.

"Ok thanks Chelsea"

Working at one of the world's most famous Insurance company was enticing but working as the boss' P.A was even more thrilling.

Not in that way...... I loved to travel and that was what he did often when negotiating with other companies and as his assistant I would accompany him.

I took the elevator to the top floor. When I reached his office I knocked.

Hearing the go ahead sign, I opened the door and saw him pouring a cup of water.

"Good morning Ms. Winters, I see you've received my message, would you like anything to drink?"

"No thank you Mr. Smith I just had lunch"

"Ok why don't you have a seat then Ms. Winters......." I took a seat and rubbed my hands together waiting for either bad or good news.

"So Scarlette..... well as you know, I have companies worldwide..... You've been working with me for about 5 years and........ I've told you about my most valued location in Canada...... "

I continued listening but what caught my attention was Canada.... my parents had told me that's where we originally came from.

"And as my personal assistant I'd like to transfer you to Canada to keep an eye on my son..... he's a stubborn one and he'd do well with someone like you as his P.A"

I was having mixed emotions right now;

Excitement

Fear( I honest don't know why)

Sadness( because all my friends and the somewhat life i made here would be left behind)

Before I could say anything else he beat me to it.

"I have even arranged for Chelsea to be transferred, so there will be at least one familiar face"

I didn't know what to say so I mumbled....

"Can I sleep on it and give you my answer tomorrow"

"Sure, why don't you and Chelsea talk the rest of the day off and you can both make your decision"

He was always considerate.

"Thank you Mr. Smith"

»»»»»»»»»»»»«

We were currently sitting in a cafe.

"I think it would be a great idea eli and you may even remember bits and pieces of your past, plus maybe you'll find a special someone *wink *wink"

I couldn't help but laugh.

"And let me guess you have already made a decision"

"Yea I figured I'd try somewhere new"

And at that moment I made my decision

I would go!!!!!

********
As I sat down in the kitchen waiting for my parents I began to over think if I was making the right choice.

I mean it'd be a fresh start in the past if that even makes any sense but maybe i would learn something............ Or at least meet someone who knew me and knew what happened before the accident...........

Just then I heard the front door open........ Well here goes nothing I thought.

"Mom..... Dad can I speak to you for a minute......" I asked as soon as they entered.

We sat on the couch in awkward silence.

"I'm moving back to Canada......." They both exchanged nervous glances which made me curious "You do realise I'm an adult right....... You cant exactly stop me and I cant turn down this offer and I definitely wont" I said calmly............

My mom's gaze fell on the floor and my dad squeezed her hand as if to comfort her...............

"We know honey and its just that we.............." My dad started and then he and mom exchanged glances again and my dad closed his mouth.

Weird 

"What your father is trying to say is that we think it would be best if you stay........... What about us? What about Chelsea? What about.......... That guy you were seeing........whats his name again"

"Mom!" I shouted "would you for once think about someone else for a change.......... I'm tired of here.......... I'm  tired of not knowing and I sure as hell tired of you guys keeping secret and Canada is my free ticket right now so if you'll excuse I need to start packing....."

And without a second glance I got up and I could've sworn I heard my dad say "she's only protecting you" but I've been stressed since lately must've been my mind playing tricks on me.