Chapter Twenty Three

I do not feel comfortable in a one piece bathing suit. I do not feel comfortable in a bikini. And yet, here I am, in a one piece bathing suit, that is blue and had small white stripes on it. I put on a simple t shirt and some shorts over the bathing suit and walked out of my room with a towel in my hand. Luke smiled as I walked out. Luke is wearing the same blue and white swim shorts that he did a few days ago when the boys went swimming. Next to him is Calum wearing the same black swim shorts as well.

"Do you guys only have on pair of swim shorts?" I ask them and Luke shakes his head, while Calum nods with a smile on his face.

"I have some regular black ones but they are dirty. Calum here is just cheap and doesn't have another pair," Luke says with a chuckle. Calum hits his chest with a fake shocked expression.

"I am not cheap! When we came here from Australia, I didn't want to pack my whole closet Lucas!" Calum says as Ashton comes out in black shorts with red stripes on the side. It was like Calum's swim shorts, except Ashton's had red stripes.

"See! Ashton brought two pairs of swim shorts! Packing one more pair wouldn't have killed you, now you just have to do more laundry!" Luke protests.

"Fine with me," Calum says nonchalantly. Luke groans and shakes his head. All of the boys have band t shirts on, of course, and not regular t shirts.

"We are going to the beach and you guys wear your band shirts? Not simple t shirts? T shirts were practically made for the beach!" I type and Luke makes a face at me.

"Man you are just little miss criticism today aren't you?" Luke says with a face and I giggle. Michael comes running out in his black swim shorts and a band shirt on. He whoops in excitement and jumps next to me. His energy startles me a little bit, but I get used to it quickly. I live with four teenage boys. I have to get used to it.

"Okay let's go to the beach!" Michael says and puts his flip flops on. The boys follow his action by putting their flip flops on and I chuckle. The boys are never truly ready. I came out of my room completely ready, with my flip flops already on, and my outfit complete, but the boys had to put their flip flops on before we left. Typical boys I guess. Finally, we walk out to the car and Ashton gets in the driver's seat, knowing from our excursion to breakfast that I hate driving, especially in L.A. traffic. I sit in the middle backseat since I am the smallest, and Michael and Luke get on either side of me. Calum yelled shotgun as we walked out like a fourteen year old girl, and ran to the passenger's seat, so we had no choice but to sit in the back, which was fine by me. I got the middle seat, so I can see out the front window just fine. Ashton tells everyone to buckle up like he is a father, and we head off to the beach. 

Not even five minutes into the car ride, Michael's boredom gets the best of him and he starts poking my arm. 

"You have freckles on you arm," he stupidly said, as if I didn't know that already. With a small giggle I nod and look to him. 

"Can you stop poking my arm please?" I ask him and he frowns, but stops. He is silent for another minute or two before whining.

"How long till we get there?" He whines.

"Oh my god Michael it's going to be about forty five minutes. Traffic is bad as usual. Grow a pair and suck it up," Ashton says as he drives. Calum laughs loudly and Michael whines again. 

"I already have a pair, if I grew another pair then I would be deformed and no girl would ever want to be with me! And I want a girl to be with me!" 

"Then grow a pair of boobs or something! Just shut up!" Ashton says while laughing.
"I don't want boobs, boobs would look weird on me," Michael retorts.