CHAPTER ONE

Two men clad in the typical apparel of half-decade ago jedi knights clash in the aftermath and current unveiling of a volcanic rupture

Two men clad in the typical apparel of half-decade ago jedi knights clash in the aftermath and current unveiling of a volcanic rupture. Their silhouettes dance and traipse across lengthy pieces of heated steel, perilously perched over the raging river of lava below. It is a scene of utter and complete chaos, palpable even to a witness many generations henceforth. The skies, an ashen grey like that of the newly shadowed galaxy, juxtapose the rage in one warrior's eyes and love in the other.

From tightrope to pebble, from distance to near intimacy in the lava, the warriors transition to a closer downfall and the great fall of the jedi. The hair of one is nothing noticeable, but his eyes are the yellow that fly from the mountains nearby. And the other, far more pure, has hair to match the fire surrounding their lone forms as they ride and fight nearer the banks of the molten creak. They fight for the raging and rising platform of shadow, and against the newly forsaken ideals of compassion and goodwill. They are the last mortal warriors within the galaxy.

The one pure jedi, and only jedi in this case, leaps oftward from his robotic pedestal, flipping onto the lava-rock shore of craggy misfortune. His eyes and body turn to his once good padawan, a child long forgotten in the bad-aspects of love and sacrifice. And though the master seems enraged, he is simply desperate and pained by the loss of his greatest friend, and practical family. He has nothing left to tie him to the world and his cause, with the Jedi Order vanquished and his padawan turned evil.

"It's over, Anakin. I have the high ground," the voice of the fire-haired individual rises over the roars of the unearthly river just feet away. His tone reflects the relinquishment to his padawan's fate: that Anakin will not return to the light at the power of any family or friend. He is gone, and now it is just a matter of chosen death.

The younger, yellow-eyed knight floats nearer by, against the flow of the river yet fitting for the ways of the force and universe alike. His eyes shine brighter than minutes ago, as his pride for being a warrior leaves him at the wake of Obi-Wan's continued existence.

"You underestimate my power!" the misled Sith replies, voice strangled in an awkward pitch at the strange shifting of power relations to his own expectations and reality alike. They once were brothers, now enemies. Anakin thought himself the best warrior, yet Kenobi continues to elude his intended scheme.

But the older knight sees the intentions of the younger far before Anakin sees them himself, legs bent in strain at the tell-tale sign of a flipping doom. Of course, the man does not wish to kill his padawan, but if he does move, he will have little choice. And thus he begs, "Don't try it."

Like any ungrown child might, Anakin does the complete opposite, springing off his legs and onward towards the shore with utter confidence in his power. But like the child he is, Anakin once again and continually undermines the power of his master, both mentally and physically, as Obi-Wan takes a quick swipe and the appendages of the apprentice are gone.