1.7

-Do you want anything to eat?-Phil asked me when we entered the cinema.

-Uhh... Not really, you?-I, once again, lied to Phil. It was around 4 pm and I hadn't eaten anything since last night's dinner. But I didn't want him to worry about me.

-Well, I sure do.- He smiled and entered the line to buy himself food, while me and Clarissa bought the movie tickets.

-What in hell happened, Daniel?

-What do you mean?- I asked.

-I mean why the fuck were you and Phil sat on the floor and are avoiding each other?

-We're not avoiding each other...

-You were literally cuddling an hour ago and right now you blush everytime your eyes meet.

-No, I don't!

-Ok. Then why were you sat on the floor?

-Ahm... We were... Playing a... Game of... Jamaican tag? Yeah, and you ahm... have to... sit... on the floor?- Why am I like that?

Clarissa gave me this look and for a second I thought she was going to murder me.

-Fine.-I said.-wekindofkissed.-I said very fast, all together.

-You what?

-wekindofkissed.

-What? Speak properly, god damn it.

-We fucking kissed.

-YOU WHAT?

-We...-Clari interrupted me.

-No, I heard it this time. Dan, that's amazing! So are you together now or...

-No.

-But, Dan, you're perfect for eachother and...-I interrupted Clari.

-No, no, no, no, no, no and no. This probably meant nothing to him. I am going to pretend nothing happened and hope he goes along with it.

-But, Dan...

-Clarissa, stop. I won't talk to Phil about that, this is my decision and you need to respect it.

-So that means you'll have no problems at all if I crush Phil?

-You crush Phil? Jesus fucking Christ, I'm going to kill you. How could you do this to me? I'm your best friend and ...- I was almost tearing up when Clarissa started laughing.-why are you laughing? I'm being serious here.

-Dan,of course I don't crush Phil. But you do. And that's why you're so freaked out by the idea of me and him.

-You know what?-I pointed at her face.-Fuck you.

-Could you for once be mature and speak like a grown up instead of telling me to fuck myself?-Clari rolled her eyes.

-No.-I smiled, showed her my middle finger and turned around to buy the movie tickets.-Please, I want three tickets to see... Wait, Diana?

Suddenly two emerald green eyes met mine and I regretted everything.

Diana was my girlfriend in the second year of high school.

She lost a bet to her friends and had to date the weirdest guy in school, he wore too much black and never talked to anyone, rumors say he was actually mute.

That guy was me.

But you can only fake love for a certain amount of time, 3 months later she broke up with me and I just stopped functioning.

My parents even had to make me change schools.

-Dan? Oh my god, I thought I'd never see you again after we... You know, after we broke up.

-Yeah, after you broke up with me because it was all a stupid bet.

-Uhm... Yeah.-I obviously made her uncomfortable.-Is that your girlfriend?-She looked at Clarissa, who looked very into a game on her phone.

-No, no... She's my best friend.

-Oh okay...-She gave me a fake smile.-So, are you taken?- She started playing with her hair and leaning so her cleavage would show.

I know where this is going and I don't like it.

-Uhh... Actually yes, I'm... Uhhh...-I saw Phil coming over with a bucket of popcorn and soda.

-Hi, Dan.- Phil smiled.- I got you some candy, in case you are hungry. You can eat my popcorn as well, I love popcorn but I got a bigger sized bucket so we could share, I mean, I can't eat all this popcorn by myself, actually, I could try, but I don't think that I...-He suddenly realised I was talking to Diana.- Oh, hi, I'm Phil, nice to meet you.

A lamp lighted above my head.

YES.

-Yes! I mean, that's Phil, my boyfriend.- I smiled and Phil became a shade of red never seen before.

-Oh, hi Phil, nice to meet you too.- Diana said, disappointed.-What film do you wanna watch again?

-The regression, please.-I smiled at her while I handed her the money and she gave me the tickets.-Have a good life, Diana. See you again sometime. Let's go, babe?-I asked Phil and he blushed once again.

And then I walked away, holding hands with Phil and feeling her stare.

When we finally got somewhere she couldn't see us, I started explaining Phil what happened.

-I'm so sorry about that, Phil. She is an ex girlfriend who humiliated me back in high school and I... I just wanted to feel the revenge, I'm sorry if that was awkward.

-It's okay.-He smiled.- Feel free to introduce me as your boyfriend to whoever you want.

I laughed nervously and it was my turn to blush wildly. Phil laughed at my redness.

But then, the must joyful guy I've ever known was serious.

-Dan, we need to talk...

-About what?-Of course I knew what it was about.

-You know... About what happened back at Clari's.

Then I just freaked out and tried to act cool. 

-No, Phil, pfffff, it's fine, I know it was a moment thing and that it meant nothing at all and that we're still good friends.

-Yeah... I'm...-His eyes were widen, he looked very surprised.-Totally, meant nothing, I mean... Good friends.-He smiled, kind of a relieved, I'd say.

Oh well.